Anyones local hill get new lifts this season? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
burritosandsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: slc utah
Posts: 928
Default

no new lifts at Brighton .. because it the only resort in N.A. to have 100% hi speed/detachable lift access .. theyve talked about expanding off the backside of snake creek for years but traditionally the small sleepy town of Heber thats down in the valley has fought it.. however Heber has become the new Park City as far as living outside the city is concerned and as the amount of businesses rise you can bet added traffic will become more appealing to them
__________________
Burritosandsnow.com
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
I think Hidden Valley is adding a whole other mountain!!! (read: Small Hill) to the mix, complete with two chairlifts. They were working on it at the end of last season anyways...

(Yes... it's sad that's my hill. But snowboarding is snowboarding.)
hidden valley, PA??
if so, head to 7springs if you can afford it. much better terrain and longer runs.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyface View Post
hidden valley, PA??
if so, head to 7springs if you can afford it. much better terrain and longer runs.
Hidden Valley near St. Louis. There's not really another option if you're in the St. Louis area and want to do a day trip, unfortunately.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Muki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 476
Default

Thought I was the only one 'till you mentioned Hidden Valley.

Apparently the next closest thing is somewhere in Iowa with 100 more vertical feet...according to some lady I talked to while on the lift last season.
__________________
November needs to hurry up and come
Muki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muki View Post
Thought I was the only one 'till you mentioned Hidden Valley.

Apparently the next closest thing is somewhere in Iowa with 100 more vertical feet...according to some lady I talked to while on the lift last season.
LMAO....if your talking about MT.(??)Crescent don't bother, not worth the trip. If they were to put in another lift they would have to either build another speed bump, or put one on top of the other
__________________
JeffreyCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muki View Post
Thought I was the only one 'till you mentioned Hidden Valley.

Apparently the next closest thing is somewhere in Iowa with 100 more vertical feet...according to some lady I talked to while on the lift last season.
Midwest has to stick together, haha.

There's one near Kansas City, run by the same company. It's not really worth going to. On the other side of the Northside of the state of Illinois there is a place in Galena... it's better than Hidden Valley, especially it's park. But let's be honest, at the time it'd take to get there you might as well just go out west...
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,314
Default

I don't forsee any new lifts coming in for a while here at Schweitzer, we got a couple new ones a few years back right before I moved here. There is definitely the room for more expansion, but with 2900 Skiable Acres and no lift lines EVER, It's gonna be a while. In the meantime I'll enjoy waiting my usual 10 seconds in line.
__________________
PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 1,982
Blog Entries: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew&Shred View Post
Snoqualmie is getting 2 new lifts. Dont know how much terrain it is opening up but cant wait to go check it out!
They're just getting to re-open Summit East. It's been closed from the washouts it had for a few seasons now. It will be nice to have it back open though.
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
They're just getting to re-open Summit East. It's been closed from the washouts it had for a few seasons now. It will be nice to have it back open though.
theres going to be more terrain to
jeri534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Muki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyCH View Post
LMAO....if your talking about MT.(??)Crescent don't bother, not worth the trip. If they were to put in another lift they would have to either build another speed bump, or put one on top of the other
I'll scratch that one off my list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
Midwest has to stick together, haha.

There's one near Kansas City, run by the same company. It's not really worth going to. On the other side of the Northside of the state of Illinois there is a place in Galena... it's better than Hidden Valley, especially it's park. But let's be honest, at the time it'd take to get there you might as well just go out west...
..as well as those.
__________________
November needs to hurry up and come
Muki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums