Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
-   -   Snow making begins in the midwest! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/32588-snow-making-begins-midwest.html)

kysnowboarder 11-08-2010 08:45 PM

Snow making begins in the midwest!
 
1 Attachment(s)
My local ski hill has begun making snow! My season is more about the trips but this place helps me get ready for those...Looks like the end of Nov to mid december before they will be ready, just as long as we don't have any warm spells...

Method 11-08-2010 08:47 PM

lol sorry I giggled when I saw that hill, cool beans on the snowmaking though. :cheeky4:

kysnowboarder 11-08-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Method (Post 324793)
lol sorry I giggled when I saw that hill, cool beans on the snowmaking though. :cheeky4:

Yeah, it what we have though...Thanks to that hill I was able to go to telluride last year (first trip out west) and have a good time. It is funny, verticle drop is 400 ft, longest run is one mile...and you better keep your speed on the 1 mile or you will be pushing lol. One of the days I will be able to move out there...

slyder 11-08-2010 09:04 PM

your one up on us. They aren't even making snow here yet and our hills aren't much better.
But riding is riding right guys, might not be mountains or powder but like you, it is what we have.
Still having fun,
-Slyder

Tauwolf 11-08-2010 09:22 PM

Wow, seems a bit ambitious. It's going to be above 60 the next few days here in Ohio. But yeah, this forum is dominated by people who ride mountains. Us midwesterners ride what we got, and we like it! :-P

kysnowboarder 11-08-2010 10:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tauwolf (Post 324819)
Wow, seems a bit ambitious. It's going to be above 60 the next few days here in Ohio. But yeah, this forum is dominated by people who ride mountains. Us midwesterners ride what we got, and we like it! :-P

yeah, most of that snow will be gone tomorrow...it is suppose to push 70 here tomorrow. They were probably just testing the system. lol

7 hours away I have access to this...hoping to get out here 2 or 3 times this year

Snow shoe...has 1500 vertical drop

GSXRBry 11-08-2010 11:45 PM

It is alittle ambitious but hey, they gotta start sometime. As long as the snow stays on the slopes and off the roads I'll be happy.

c_mack9 11-08-2010 11:49 PM

im quessing thats perfect north? me and my buds go to paoli, its closer to paducah. we rode PN once last year, i really didnt think it was any better than paoli. im stoked to see some snow on the ground though! paoli is projecting dec 18 as their opening day. i hope you have a good season and shred up the mountains when you head out west. were going west in april or march so were gonna do like you do and burn up our season passes on the little hills to get us ready.

kysnowboarder 11-09-2010 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_mack9 (Post 324897)
im quessing thats perfect north? me and my buds go to paoli, its closer to paducah. we rode PN once last year, i really didnt think it was any better than paoli. im stoked to see some snow on the ground though! paoli is projecting dec 18 as their opening day. i hope you have a good season and shred up the mountains when you head out west. were going west in april or march so were gonna do like you do and burn up our season passes on the little hills to get us ready.

The first picture is perfect north. I have not been to paoli but plan to give it a shot this year, most of my buds that ski and snowboard say perfect north is better, more runs, a little bigger vertical drop and they stay up on the snow making better. This others opinions. I will keep an I on paoli snow reports will go when it is good, not icey and give you my opinion. PN is 2 hours from me, and Paoli is 55 minutes, I hope I have the same opinion as you, the shorter drive would be nice.

The 2nd picture is from snow shoe, I think it is the basin side, the longer bigger runs are on the Western territory, they didn't have a picture of those, they are usually the last runs they get open.

john doe 11-09-2010 08:34 AM

Currently 50 in St Louis with a high of 76. Our 310ft hill won't be getting any snow for a while. Sometime in the season I will be at Paoli since my friend has family there and I get a discount on tickets.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2