Planning a trip and would appreciate some input
Ok. I'm planning a trip to the US in about Feb 2012. I'm starting this far out because I'm in Oz and I also have to try to get a group fired up to come with me once I have some details.
I've been reading through the review threads here and they have helped me a lot in knowing where to look and places that I hadn't heard of. Originally I had Aspen in mind (as most foreigners probably do) but I think we can do better.
I'm looking for several features that I think are important:
1. Good beginner/school set up. I want them to have fun and most will be first timers.
2. Plenty of size. I'm looking at about 10 days riding and I would like plenty of terrain to explore and progress through.
3. Powder would be lovely obviously. Found some in Japan a couple of years ago and got a little addicted.
4. Lodging very close to the lifts. You know what groups are like when you have to get everyone into the car at once. First tracks are long gone waiting for someone with a sore head.
5. Nightlife will not be the main priority. It wouldn't hurt but it's definitely not a deal breaker.
6. Close to an airport would be good too. I'm not that keen on driving any more than necessary. I'm sure I'll wind up on the wrong side of the road at some point and someone will be yelling about silly bloody Aussies that can't drive.
Now from the research that I've done from this site, I'm thinking Utah sounds like the area I'm looking for, maybe Powder Mountain? From the websites it seems to tick most of the boxes. Lodging isn't right there but sounds fairly close?
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.