first resort adventure. what to pack? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Nefarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SD
Posts: 598
Lightbulb first resort adventure. what to pack?

In a few short days I'll be heading out on my 1st resort snowboarding trip. I have to work until the day before we leave, so I'm trying to pre-pack as much as I can now. I was curious as to things that people would recommend bringing? I've got the basics down for sure. clothes/socks/gloves/hats/goggles/layers/yowies/shells/pants.

What's the one thing that you forgot on a trip, or that you would definitely recommend bringing? Kinda vague, but I just want to be sure I've got everything I need.

I'm bringing my wax kit, just in case. I've heard that most places have a wax shack. Do they have irons and scrapers? I know it depends on the resort, and the one I'm going to is small compared to most, but I just want to be ready for everything without packing anything more than absolutely necessary.

tl;dr - Whats something you'd recommend me bringing that might not be obvious but is really important?
__________________
Quote:
If you want to be a chick, a dude, a tent, or a velociraptor be my guest, but if you choose the last one you bet your ass I will have a spaz-12 to your face.
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,460
Blog Entries: 212
Default

Because I'm a freakin' moron, I always forget something. So I've made myself a list. I always go over it before I leave for the mountain. Don't always bring everything, but everything always gets a tick or crossed off. Don't know if any of this will ring a bell.

Yes, I'm serious. I actually consult this thing. Senility and all.

Essentials
1. Truck keys, even if being picked up for night skiing.
2. Ski rack lock.
3. Season Pass. Duh.
4. Screwdriver.
5. Knife.
6. Kleenex.
7. Spare Oakley lenses. In backpack?
8. Ipod.
9. Phone.
10. Wallet.
11. Board(s). NS in board-bag, Ride loose.
12. Boots Snowboarding & winter, depending on transportation.
13. Helmet & goggles
14. Gloves & liners
15. Spare gloves
16. Jacket & liner
17. Pants & liner
18. Scarf
19. Balaclava and/or turtleneck
20. Spare t-shirt
21. Backpack with shovel and shin-guards
22. Socks
23. Watch
24. Chapstick
25. Snacks. Granola bars?
Optionals
1. Camera, spare battery.
2. Walkie-talkies
3. Garmin
4. Bus tickets (probably in backpack)
Prep Night before
1. Charge phone, ipod, garmin, walkie-talkies.
2. Print list & have it ready.
Prep Morning
1. Eat breakfast
__________________

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Listheeb21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Shore, MA
Posts: 232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Because I'm a freakin' moron, I always forget something. So I've made myself a list. I always go over it before I leave for the mountain. Don't always bring everything, but everything always gets a tick or crossed off. Don't know if any of this will ring a bell.

Yes, I'm serious. I actually consult this thing. Senility and all.

Essentials
1. Truck keys, even if being picked up for night skiing.
2. Ski rack lock.
3. Season Pass. Duh.
4. Screwdriver.
5. Knife.
6. Kleenex.
7. Spare Oakley lenses. In backpack?
8. Ipod.
9. Phone.
10. Wallet.
11. Board(s). NS in board-bag, Ride loose.
12. Boots Snowboarding & winter, depending on transportation.
13. Helmet & goggles
14. Gloves & liners
15. Spare gloves
16. Jacket & liner
17. Pants & liner
18. Scarf
19. Balaclava and/or turtleneck
20. Spare t-shirt
21. Backpack with shovel and shin-guards
22. Socks
23. Watch
24. Chapstick
25. Snacks. Granola bars?
Optionals
1. Camera, spare battery.
2. Walkie-talkies
3. Garmin
4. Bus tickets (probably in backpack)
Prep Night before
1. Charge phone, ipod, garmin, walkie-talkies.
2. Print list & have it ready.
Prep Morning
1. Eat breakfast

I thought I was bad! I made a 10 column Excel spreadsheet (one column for item, one for checkmark): Column A - toiletries; Column C - Riding Gear; Column E - casual gear; Column E - Electronics; Column G - Miscellaneous. I've already pre-packed twice...and not leaving until Friday. I always bring a small emergency kit for my backpack, just in case.
Listheeb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vail, CO
Posts: 3,360
Default

Shin guards?
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kysnowboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Shin guards?
How would those work with boots? I bought knee guards on for my current trip, but haven't used them yet.

I was going to say screw driver, but Donutz beat me to it. I would go ahead and check all of the screws on your bindings before you leave.
kysnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Nefarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SD
Posts: 598
Default

Thanks for the list, Donutz. I've got pretty much everything together but kleenex, chapstick, and snacks. Think I've got everything ready to rock and roll. As for tightening, I'm traveling with my bindings off my board due to not much room in our car. Setting everything up the night we get there.

Anyone have a heads up on the wax stations? I'll probably pack it all anyways, since I'm driving as opposed to flying.

Another thing I wanted to ask about. I've heard people mention protein/energy bars to bring with. Anyone have experience with any good brands? I don't care about taste as much as energy gains. I have a feeling I'll get worn out quick. Our local hill's runs are maximum of 45 seconds. Doesn't leave you with much to help build riding stamina. I'll ride for 6-7 hours straight there, but with the dinky lifts there's enough time to rest fully before the next run.
__________________
Quote:
If you want to be a chick, a dude, a tent, or a velociraptor be my guest, but if you choose the last one you bet your ass I will have a spaz-12 to your face.
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Resident poet
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 3,688
Default

beer
ibuprofen
duct tape
superglue
dried fruit and nutz
__________________
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Toecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mt. Bachelor
Posts: 1,518
Default

I like how Donutz' list says "eat breakfast." Why does my tummy growl? I'd better check my list...oh yeah!!!

To the list:
- extra credit card (tucked away somwhere special in case you lose your wallet)
- drivers' license
- emergency contact #'s
- health insurance card
- slippers
- Sport Legs
Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,460
Blog Entries: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysnowboarder View Post
How would those work with boots? I bought knee guards on for my current trip, but haven't used them yet.
the Pro-tec shin/knee guards are sized specifically so that they stop just above the boot. They're really a knee+half-shin-guard.
__________________

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,460
Blog Entries: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
I like how Donutz' list says "eat breakfast." Why does my tummy growl? I'd better check my list...oh yeah!!!
Hah hah, you funny guy.... -slap-

Seriously, I don't normally feel hungry first thing in the morning and I'm not in the habit of eating breakfast during the week. But during the week I can eat mid-morning. Not so on the mountain. So fuel up before leaving home and you can make it to lunch.
__________________

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums