Waxing your board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
newguy36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 116
Default Waxing your board

Who here loves waxing their board? I told the sales guy at my local shop that I love waxing my board and he looked at me like I was crazy.
__________________
Burton 158 Custom
Cartel Bindings
newguy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Smokehaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NoVA
Posts: 891
Default

Waxing my board is a bonding experience. I usually light some ptex candles, throw on some Barry White and get to drippin and scrapin.

Also there is nothing like the smell of some fresh OBJ wax.
Smokehaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,484
Default

It's a ritual to perform before ewvery riding day....Love those 2 hours of peace in my garage the night before a pow day (hopefully)
__________________
2013/14 -12- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Default

I guess I'm the only one who hates waxing my board. I do it because I do a better job than those kids at the shop.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: So Cal - Bear Mountain
Posts: 484
Default

i like doing it when I'm stressed out with studying or homework...scraping I enjoy less though
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Nefarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SD
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehaus View Post
Waxing my board is a bonding experience. I usually light some ptex candles, throw on some Barry White and get to drippin and scrapin.

Also there is nothing like the smell of some fresh OBJ wax.
This.

I love the smell of OBJ. And yeah, waxing is super relaxing for me. It's just rude not to warm things up with some foreplay. You can't expect your lady to give up the goods if you don't rub her right in advance.
__________________
Quote:
If you want to be a chick, a dude, a tent, or a velociraptor be my guest, but if you choose the last one you bet your ass I will have a spaz-12 to your face.
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
StarCommand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lower East Bumblefuck
Posts: 231
Default

I love it, too. The guy at the shop looked at me sideways also.

I use Dakine wax. The smell is intoxicating. Both figuratively and quite literally if you inhale too much of it.
In fact, I may go wax one of my ladies right now!!
__________________
StarCommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Nefarious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SD
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCommand View Post
I love it, too. The guy at the shop looked at me sideways also.

I use Dakine wax. The smell is intoxicating. Both figuratively and quite literally if you inhale too much of it.
In fact, I may go wax one of my ladies right now!!
What kind of Dakine do you use? I keep seeing it in the 2 shops I frequent. Haven't had the stones to try it yet. Do you melt or just use the rub on?
__________________
Quote:
If you want to be a chick, a dude, a tent, or a velociraptor be my guest, but if you choose the last one you bet your ass I will have a spaz-12 to your face.
Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
freshy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Salmon Arm BC
Posts: 942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
i like doing it ...scraping I enjoy less though
Same here.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
StarCommand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lower East Bumblefuck
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
What kind of Dakine do you use? I keep seeing it in the 2 shops I frequent. Haven't had the stones to try it yet. Do you melt or just use the rub on?
Nitrous Cake. Hot wax.
__________________
StarCommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums