Kinda bummed..... - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Whitey161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 55
Default

When i saw the title i thought this was gonna be about your first gay sexual experience...
Whitey161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,492
Default

I don't see where a board that was won should be any different then one you bought. Did it come with a warranty card and did you mail it in? I've never warrantied a snowboard but I have sent back a couple wakeboards, even one I bought used(hyperlite rocks) I think you did the right thing sending a polite email and explaining your situation. Good luck man.
__________________
JeffreyCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,789
Default

So now after seeing the pic that is exactly how I pictured it'd break. Older Signals like yours have an issue with cracking like that because the sidewall is too steep so it doesn't dissapate the energy like it should. So what happened is your bindings base which has a dead spot flexed right on the part of the board that still has camber and then shot the energy out to the sidewall and cracked it. I'll put money that it'll be warrantied.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,004
Blog Entries: 10
Default A Little Update....

So, I recieved an email back from warranty@signalsnowboards.com that said they would not warranty it because I won it in a contest. They offered to let me buy a 153 Omni for $200 + shipping. Obviously, this is not going to work. I can't ride a 153 at 6'3" and 185lbs, nor do I want to pay $200 to replace something I won. I'm going to try and call them and see if I can get a more reasonable response from them, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm truly surprised that a company of their size will not back up their product just because I won it. Wish me luck in getting something done over the phone.
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,789
Default

Well chances are if it's a board that's given out for a contest it's a production second.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
East告de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
So, I recieved an email back from warranty@signalsnowboards.com that said they would not warranty it because I won it in a contest. They offered to let me buy a 153 Omni for $200 + shipping. Obviously, this is not going to work. I can't ride a 153 at 6'3" and 185lbs, nor do I want to pay $200 to replace something I won. I'm going to try and call them and see if I can get a more reasonable response from them, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm truly surprised that a company of their size will not back up their product just because I won it. Wish me luck in getting something done over the phone.
im wondering why you even bothered to mention that you won the board? its none of their business how you came to own their product, just that you do and it failed.
if i won a bmw and the motor failed, i would expect bmw to replace it whether i won the car or not. they're argument is that they don't stand behind their products because you didn't directly pay for it? that's totally fucked.
__________________

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,004
Blog Entries: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
im wondering why you even bothered to mention that you won the board? its none of their business how you came to own their product, just that you do and it failed.
I thought about leaving that part out, but since I'm trying to get it warrantied, I figured all the questions about where I bought it at would come up eventually, so better to be forthright with them and have it out there already. BA, IMO it shouldn't matter if it's a first, second or even a demo. They made it and should stand behind it. I may be wrong, but it's how I feel.
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
East告de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 922
Blog Entries: 1
Default

i dont think you're wrong at all, and i personally would've left that out. working in sales and customer service, i can tell you it's better to make them ask you than to volunteer information..especially in regards to how much you didnt pay for it lol
__________________

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
I thought about leaving that part out, but since I'm trying to get it warrantied, I figured all the questions about where I bought it at would come up eventually, so better to be forthright with them and have it out there already. BA, IMO it shouldn't matter if it's a first, second or even a demo. They made it and should stand behind it. I may be wrong, but it's how I feel.
Entitlement is amazing. It's a second you won rode for a whole season and somehow didn't notice the big giant crack in it. Yeah it sucks but it's not like the topsheet totally delamed that crack was right under a binding point which means its a stress and fatigue from landing. I can see where the binding was and that's the real culprit. It's not a manufacturing defect.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums