Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
-   -   Kinda bummed..... (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/39314-kinda-bummed.html)

NWBoarder 04-12-2011 07:48 PM

Kinda bummed.....
 
So today I am taking the bindings off of my board I have been riding this season (2010 Signal Omni), and low and behold, under my binding is a giant ass break. Not a crack, but a full on, almost clean through break. Normally, I would be thinking warranty, but I didn't buy this board, I won it. I've shot an e-mail off to Signal in hopes that might take pity on me, though I am not expecting them to by any means. Thankfully, I have another stick to ride, but I love my Signal. It's just a fun board to ride. Anyways, I'm really just venting here. I'll post a picture of it tonight when I get home from work so you guys can see it as well. My biggest question through all of this though is, How long I have been riding with a giant ass break in my board? :dunno:

Sincraft 04-12-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 (Post 396851)
So today I am taking the bindings off of my board I have been riding this season (2010 Signal Omni), and low and behold, under my binding is a giant ass break. Not a crack, but a full on, almost clean through break. Normally, I would be thinking warranty, but I didn't buy this board, I won it. I've shot an e-mail off to Signal in hopes that might take pity on me, though I am not expecting them to by any means. Thankfully, I have another stick to ride, but I love my Signal. It's just a fun board to ride. Anyways, I'm really just venting here. I'll post a picture of it tonight when I get home from work so you guys can see it as well. My biggest question through all of this though is, How long I have been riding with a giant ass break in my board? :dunno:

Should matter if you won it, bought it or beat someone over the head to snatch it, it's yours and they have a pretty darn good idea about the oldest the board can be. Fast forward today, and does that day exceed the warranty period? Call them and ask. Wouldn't be surprised if you get it covered. if they dont. 1. dont buy from that company again and 2. tell them you are going to seek out others with a similar issue and push to have a recall forced on them if they dont replace it. They will most likely just laugh at you, but if you reach someone high up enough, that will make them cringe. Be sure to give them the link to your you tube video and your blog showing the defect of their products and why people shouldnt buy from them. Always end with "in my opinion" to avoid litigation and you are well on your way to strong arming a company.

Probably won't work, but hey it surely worked in the United States whereas banks were forced to provide loans to people that could never ever afford to pay for....

ok stepping off my soapbox, got to excuse me, I just got done working on my taxes ...

Zak 04-12-2011 10:26 PM

stick it to 'em. :thumbsup:

Qball 04-12-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincraft (Post 396886)
Should matter if you won it, bought it or beat someone over the head to snatch it, it's yours and they have a pretty darn good idea about the oldest the board can be. Fast forward today, and does that day exceed the warranty period? Call them and ask. Wouldn't be surprised if you get it covered. if they dont. 1. dont buy from that company again and 2. tell them you are going to seek out others with a similar issue and push to have a recall forced on them if they dont replace it. They will most likely just laugh at you, but if you reach someone high up enough, that will make them cringe. Be sure to give them the link to your you tube video and your blog showing the defect of their products and why people shouldnt buy from them. Always end with "in my opinion" to avoid litigation and you are well on your way to strong arming a company.

Probably won't work, but hey it surely worked in the United States whereas banks were forced to provide loans to people that could never ever afford to pay for....

ok stepping off my soapbox, got to excuse me, I just got done working on my taxes ...

So your advice is to be a whiny immature bitch to get your way?

BurtonAvenger 04-12-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qball (Post 396889)
So your advice is to be a whiny immature bitch to get your way?

HAHA for the win. Signal will probably end up warrantying it they're a good company but under no circumstances do what dumbass said to do above that just makes you look like a self indulgent tool.

NWBoarder 04-13-2011 12:16 AM

BA, I hope you're right and they do warranty it. I sent them a very polite e-mail for the purpose of inquiring about my options. As I said, I don't actually expect them to do anything, but if they do, I'm sure not going to complain. I still can't believe that I couldn't even tell there was anything wrong with it until I un-mounted the binding. As I said, I'll have a picture to put up in a few hours when I get home from work. On a side note, it should be interesting ripping my traditional camber Nitro tomorrow on the fresh groomed corduroy at Crystal. I've been riding my "Wavelength" Signal Omni all season.

earl_je 04-13-2011 01:33 AM

Had a great experience with Signal warranty in the past, almost pretty sure they will warranty it without question. If you sent them pictures of the break, they would probably just ask you to mail it to them for a replacement (if they have on in stock).

Oh, and dont listen to that dumbass suggestion 2. tell them you are going to seek out others with a similar issue and push to have a recall forced on them if they dont replace it. They will most likely just laugh at you, but if you reach someone high up enough, that will make them cringe. - what a fucktard...

twin89 04-13-2011 01:45 AM

soooo those monster presses that you have been pulling off lately... I have found the answer haha!

would be cool if they have some pity on you, signal is an awesome company, prob the only one u could call and talk to the owner.

NWBoarder 04-13-2011 03:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by twin89 (Post 396911)
soooo those monster presses that you have been pulling off lately... I have found the answer haha!

Haha! Monster nose presses I guess, cause it's under my lead foot. Or maybe it was the switch ollies I was working on. Seriously though, this thing still baffles me since it's under the binding.

Here's a couple of pics I took.

wrathfuldeity 04-13-2011 05:58 AM

Daughter had won a k2 at sb camp, it delamed...she called and got the run around. I immediately called got a bit of run around but noted it was their top pro park board and should not make any difference won or bought and asked to get the issue kicked up a level...got it resolved. But had to go to the local authorized dealer to have it inspected and then they sent it in and that where the new one got shipped to.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2