Kinda bummed..... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 1,946
Blog Entries: 10
Default Kinda bummed.....

So today I am taking the bindings off of my board I have been riding this season (2010 Signal Omni), and low and behold, under my binding is a giant ass break. Not a crack, but a full on, almost clean through break. Normally, I would be thinking warranty, but I didn't buy this board, I won it. I've shot an e-mail off to Signal in hopes that might take pity on me, though I am not expecting them to by any means. Thankfully, I have another stick to ride, but I love my Signal. It's just a fun board to ride. Anyways, I'm really just venting here. I'll post a picture of it tonight when I get home from work so you guys can see it as well. My biggest question through all of this though is, How long I have been riding with a giant ass break in my board?
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
So today I am taking the bindings off of my board I have been riding this season (2010 Signal Omni), and low and behold, under my binding is a giant ass break. Not a crack, but a full on, almost clean through break. Normally, I would be thinking warranty, but I didn't buy this board, I won it. I've shot an e-mail off to Signal in hopes that might take pity on me, though I am not expecting them to by any means. Thankfully, I have another stick to ride, but I love my Signal. It's just a fun board to ride. Anyways, I'm really just venting here. I'll post a picture of it tonight when I get home from work so you guys can see it as well. My biggest question through all of this though is, How long I have been riding with a giant ass break in my board?
Should matter if you won it, bought it or beat someone over the head to snatch it, it's yours and they have a pretty darn good idea about the oldest the board can be. Fast forward today, and does that day exceed the warranty period? Call them and ask. Wouldn't be surprised if you get it covered. if they dont. 1. dont buy from that company again and 2. tell them you are going to seek out others with a similar issue and push to have a recall forced on them if they dont replace it. They will most likely just laugh at you, but if you reach someone high up enough, that will make them cringe. Be sure to give them the link to your you tube video and your blog showing the defect of their products and why people shouldnt buy from them. Always end with "in my opinion" to avoid litigation and you are well on your way to strong arming a company.

Probably won't work, but hey it surely worked in the United States whereas banks were forced to provide loans to people that could never ever afford to pay for....

ok stepping off my soapbox, got to excuse me, I just got done working on my taxes ...
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zak
Senior Member
 
Zak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: out of sight, out of my mind.
Posts: 150
Default

stick it to 'em.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Qball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mt. Hood, Oregon
Posts: 1,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincraft View Post
Should matter if you won it, bought it or beat someone over the head to snatch it, it's yours and they have a pretty darn good idea about the oldest the board can be. Fast forward today, and does that day exceed the warranty period? Call them and ask. Wouldn't be surprised if you get it covered. if they dont. 1. dont buy from that company again and 2. tell them you are going to seek out others with a similar issue and push to have a recall forced on them if they dont replace it. They will most likely just laugh at you, but if you reach someone high up enough, that will make them cringe. Be sure to give them the link to your you tube video and your blog showing the defect of their products and why people shouldnt buy from them. Always end with "in my opinion" to avoid litigation and you are well on your way to strong arming a company.

Probably won't work, but hey it surely worked in the United States whereas banks were forced to provide loans to people that could never ever afford to pay for....

ok stepping off my soapbox, got to excuse me, I just got done working on my taxes ...
So your advice is to be a whiny immature bitch to get your way?
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 9,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qball View Post
So your advice is to be a whiny immature bitch to get your way?
HAHA for the win. Signal will probably end up warrantying it they're a good company but under no circumstances do what dumbass said to do above that just makes you look like a self indulgent tool.
__________________
Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 1,946
Blog Entries: 10
Default

BA, I hope you're right and they do warranty it. I sent them a very polite e-mail for the purpose of inquiring about my options. As I said, I don't actually expect them to do anything, but if they do, I'm sure not going to complain. I still can't believe that I couldn't even tell there was anything wrong with it until I un-mounted the binding. As I said, I'll have a picture to put up in a few hours when I get home from work. On a side note, it should be interesting ripping my traditional camber Nitro tomorrow on the fresh groomed corduroy at Crystal. I've been riding my "Wavelength" Signal Omni all season.
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
earl_je's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Keystone, CO
Posts: 826
Default

Had a great experience with Signal warranty in the past, almost pretty sure they will warranty it without question. If you sent them pictures of the break, they would probably just ask you to mail it to them for a replacement (if they have on in stock).

Oh, and dont listen to that dumbass suggestion 2. tell them you are going to seek out others with a similar issue and push to have a recall forced on them if they dont replace it. They will most likely just laugh at you, but if you reach someone high up enough, that will make them cringe. - what a fucktard...
earl_je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
twin89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 842
Default

soooo those monster presses that you have been pulling off lately... I have found the answer haha!

would be cool if they have some pity on you, signal is an awesome company, prob the only one u could call and talk to the owner.
__________________
Too Fast!
twin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 1,946
Blog Entries: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
soooo those monster presses that you have been pulling off lately... I have found the answer haha!
Haha! Monster nose presses I guess, cause it's under my lead foot. Or maybe it was the switch ollies I was working on. Seriously though, this thing still baffles me since it's under the binding.

Here's a couple of pics I took.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110413_003438.jpg (72.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110413_003458(2).jpg (50.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110413_003407(2).jpg (81.0 KB, 54 views)
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Resident poet
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 3,686
Default

Daughter had won a k2 at sb camp, it delamed...she called and got the run around. I immediately called got a bit of run around but noted it was their top pro park board and should not make any difference won or bought and asked to get the issue kicked up a level...got it resolved. But had to go to the local authorized dealer to have it inspected and then they sent it in and that where the new one got shipped to.
__________________
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums