Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
-   -   Sore feet / legs first time out. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/42552-sore-feet-legs-first-time-out.html)

Snownad 11-04-2011 02:23 AM

Sore feet / legs first time out.
 
So today I strapped in and hopped around on a futon mattress. Feels like some nice pow :p. After about 10 mins of fucking around I took of my boots and the soles of my feet and calves were sore.

I workout frequently but still felt like my feet were fatiguing. Anyone else experience weird sore spots early season? I may have just found a new training method or maybe my boots are just shyte :laugh:

Willbilly 11-04-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snownad (Post 433218)
I may have just found a new training method or maybe my boots are just shyte :laugh:

I've never had an issue where it was a direct pain in my feet / foot bottom. I think it might be a boot issue, as you pointed out above.

Do you wear good socks?

Qball 11-04-2011 06:53 AM

as with anything, if it's the first time doing something in a while, you are going to use muscles that aren't normally used as much.

Ballistic 11-04-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qball (Post 433234)
as with anything, if it's the first time doing something in a while, you are going to use muscles that aren't normally used as much.

True dat...

Snownad 11-04-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willbilly (Post 433233)
I've never had an issue where it was a direct pain in my feet / foot bottom. I think it might be a boot issue, as you pointed out above.

Do you wear good socks?

I was wearing some normal socks and they might have bunched up. On the hill last year I don't remember fatigued feet so hopefully I wont need to spring for new boots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qball (Post 433234)
as with anything, if it's the first time doing something in a while, you are going to use muscles that aren't normally used as much.

I'll give it a few more tries ad see.

civic2tegg 11-04-2011 02:18 PM

If they arent new boots I doubt that's the problem. It's probably due to you just jumping around where as on real terrain you jump and land and then there is time where you have to cruise to the next jump or ride the lift much more time for your body to rest. It's like lifting a 20 lb dumbell once every 30 min it's easy and light. Or trying to lift it 500 times every thirty minutes your bicep would get real torn up and cramped. not that the motion is different or the weights heavier just volume.

ThunderChunky 11-04-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic2tegg (Post 433405)
If they arent new boots I doubt that's the problem. It's probably due to you just jumping around where as on real terrain you jump and land and then there is time where you have to cruise to the next jump or ride the lift much more time for your body to rest. It's like lifting a 20 lb dumbell once every 30 min it's easy and light. Or trying to lift it 500 times every thirty minutes your bicep would get real torn up and cramped. not that the motion is different or the weights heavier just volume.

QFT When I try new tricks on my trampoline I get sore all over the place. My feet especially.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2