Another vote for helmets! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
twin89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another vote for helmets!


Too Fast!
twin89 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so when he fell he didnt wear a helmet?
jegnorge is offline  
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ya, happened a while ago but still shitty. I really want a helmet but they are too much money right now.

Quote:
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Ya, happened a while ago but still shitty. I really want a helmet but they are too much money right now.
^ aint a helmet like, $50 or less? surely your brain is worth more than that. lol
jegnorge is offline  
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned
 
Sick-Pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
Ya, happened a while ago but still shitty. I really want a helmet but they are too much money right now.

What size helmet do you wear?
Sick-Pow is offline  
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, this season my girl is not letting me ride without a helmet, so I'm in the market to buy something <$75..
druj is offline  
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The good ones are more than that. I have no clue, I had one but it broke. I only used it in the park, but if I could find a comfortable one I wouldn't mind wearing it all the time. I just need a job and then I'll be able to get one.

Quote:
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
The good ones are more than that. I have no clue, I had one but it broke. I only used it in the park, but if I could find a comfortable one I wouldn't mind wearing it all the time. I just need a job and then I'll be able to get one.
dude it sounds to me that you're good at riding since you're hitting the park etc... So I would suggest instead of going 5 times this year, go 4 times but go with an helmet..
Also, if an helmet is certified it's certified to protect you.. you can get a helmet for $40 easy.. check out K2 INDY at backcountry.. I'm looking to get that

There's no difference besides comfort or warmth on helmets.. all the certified ones will give you decent protection
druj is offline  
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 05:59 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Tech420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by druj View Post
dude it sounds to me that you're good at riding since you're hitting the park etc... So I would suggest instead of going 5 times this year, go 4 times but go with an helmet..
Also, if an helmet is certified it's certified to protect you.. you can get a helmet for $40 easy.. check out K2 INDY at backcountry.. I'm looking to get that

There's no difference besides comfort or warmth on helmets.. all the certified ones will give you decent protection
Not sure if it is the same for snowboard helmets, but motorcycle helmets offer better protection as the price goes up. The impact material is different, thus helping more than cheap helmets.
Tech420 is offline  
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The average helmet only protects you up to 15 mph and is only good for one hit. If I'm getting one,and I am, I am getting one that is worth it and they're expensive. Because the only time I am going slower than 15 mph is jibbing or skating.

Quote:
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome