Has anyone stood up on the chair lift & rode off? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well this thread looks like its going well so far

If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 02:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shox is offline  
post #23 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 4,202
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Holy, lot of fuckin' negativity goin' on here.
It ain't that fucking crazy. From where your supposed to exit off the chair to the pulley is like 200 feet & it never goes higher than about 15 feet, worst case scenario I stay on to long & over shoot the nice transition landing or have to sit back down. wooo scary...

I don't even think it's core. You guys shouldn't either.

Think about it, you are all ready moving forward because the chair is going forwrd.
With your back foot on the back rest & your front foot on the seat, it puts your board @ a 45% angle.
All you have to do is let go & you start to slide down the chair.
You land on the run out that every one else rides down.
It is sloped & your going forward.
The landing is super smooth.

So enough with the stupid comments, ya I really did it, it isn't difficult or crazy.




The OP is the same person who suggested in the "Tips on Teaching Others How to Ride":

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
This isn't a joke.
What if you had him wear a belt with one of those retractable dog leashes.

They make these harnesses for little kids learning to ski, as far as I know no one has invented one for snowboarding. It would have to attach onto your left or right side not in the middle of your back like the ski one.
So ya that's me, a fuckin' innovator.
An innovator in a general sense, is a person or an organization who is one of the first to introduce into reality something better than before. That often opens up a new area for others and achieves an innovation. Grow some balls, Suck it, or just don't even reply.

The one. The only.

TT

Last edited by timmytard; 12-19-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: I'm scarred of the grammer nazis
timmytard is offline  
post #24 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
Toecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mt. Bachelor
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Think about it, you are all ready moving forward because the chair is going forwrd.
With your back foot on the back rest & your front foot on the seat, it puts your board @ a 45% angle.
All you have to do is let go & you start to slide down the chair.
You land on the run out that every one else rides down.
It is sloped & your going forward.
The landing is super smooth.
With your description I envision you nailing the ground with your board at a 90 degree angle to the earth!

Where do you ride that you could do such a thing? Here the chair is about 40' to 50' off the ground until the final stretch, and if you jumped off the chair I'm pretty sure you'd have a few Patrol waiting for you to escort you off the premises.
Toecutter is offline  
post #25 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member
 
fattrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Think about it,
Sound advice...

Never Summer SL153 & Atomic Hatchet 159
Burton CO2
Nitro Teams
fattrav is offline  
post #26 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 4,202
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
With your description I envision you nailing the ground with your board at a 90 degree angle to the earth!

Where do you ride that you could do such a thing? Here the chair is about 40' to 50' off the ground until the final stretch, and if you jumped off the chair I'm pretty sure you'd have a few Patrol waiting for you to escort you off the premises.
This chair is the same height as your chair I'd imagine.
Ok. picture where you get off the chair, I'm assuming it is pretty much the same @ most mt's.
It has to have some sort of run out, a down hill slope so people don't smash into the people that exited before them.

Then where every one else stands up to get off. I don't. I stay on it until the ground starts to drop & my feet no longer touch.
That is point that I rode off the chair

I do my bindings up on the chair almost every time if I am solo on the chair.
When everyone gets off the chair, I stay on for maybe 5 extra seconds.
Then I scoot my ass off the chair, drop 5 feet & ride away. My bindings are all ready done up.
That's what gave me the idea that I could ride off the chair.

This was @ Hemlock Valley resort, but some chair lifts the pulley is right where you get off. So it wouldn't work. This particular chairs final tower where it turns around is way past where you exit off the chair

TT
timmytard is offline  
post #27 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
Toecutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mt. Bachelor
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
This chair is the same height as your chair I'd imagine.
Ok. picture where you get off the chair, I'm assuming it is pretty much the same @ most mt's.
It has to have some sort of run out, a down hill slope so people don't smash into the people that exited before them.

Then where every one else stands up to get off. I don't. I stay on it until the ground starts to drop & my feet no longer touch.
That is point that I rode off the chair

I do my bindings up on the chair almost every time if I am solo on the chair.
When everyone gets off the chair, I stay on for maybe 5 extra seconds.
Then I scoot my ass off the chair, drop 5 feet & ride away. My bindings are all ready done up.
That's what gave me the idea that I could ride off the chair.

This was @ Hemlock Valley resort, but some chair lifts the pulley is right where you get off. So it wouldn't work. This particular chairs final tower where it turns around is way past where you exit off the chair

TT
Oh, you mean on the off ramp. I was picturing somewhere between the last lift pole and the wheelhouse.
Toecutter is offline  
post #28 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 01:34 AM
Veteran Member
 
Cr0_Reps_Smit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SMiThville, NJ (Summit County in winter)
Posts: 1,698
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
worst case scenario I stay on to long & over shoot the nice transition landing or have to sit back down. wooo scary...
actually worst case scenario is, when you try to jump off, you shake the cable holding up all the chairs and it bounces off the wheels then people riding the chairlift fall to the ground and get hurt. which is why your friend came out waving his arms at you. because you are a idiot.
Cr0_Reps_Smit is offline  
post #29 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bottom line. Stop doing it. Don't do it. Never do it. You're an idiot for ever thinking of doing it.


I just don't understand were the idea pops into your head " How do I strap my bindings on while I'm on the lift. I know, I'll stand up."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
post #30 of 107 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChunky View Post
I just don't understand were the idea pops into your head " How do I strap my bindings on while I'm on the lift. I know, I'll stand up."
comon man, open your mind. you havent seen him eat paint chips or go thru a hard breakup with a cousin.

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome