Crazy Story! Summit At Snoqualmie: Snowboard Instructor hits skier - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Junction of 84 and 35
Posts: 1,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt166 View Post
Fair enough,

My point is that, even if everyone followed the rules, the nature of the conditions on a mountain mean that things can change in a flash. No matter how careful you are as a rider, you hit something bulletproof, you aint stopping. Unless you have magnatraction of course which turns bulletproof ice into powder, or so i've heard.

Your point is meaningless. I haven't hit anyone in the last 24 years while riding on bulletproof ice, powder, and any other condition you'd like to name, even when they "change in a flash". I'm not a slow riding geriatric either, I rarely get passed.

If you've the skills and ride within those limits it's easy to follow the code. Good riders know this. Crappy out of control riders with the skill level of a crash test dummy are the ones causing collisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt166 View Post
If you truly believe this, then you are a fucking idiot, and clearly don't spend that much time on the snow.
And Fucking Idiot who "don't spend that much time on the snow"? That's really funny. How many days do you have on snow in the last 18 years?

Last edited by Grizz; 01-15-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
RichnNorcal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nor Cal n Sacramento, Pass to Homewood
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Each resort is different. Vail resorts if you're an employee but off duty and get in a collision that is reported your pass is red flagged for a week while it's "investigated". From there it goes through this whole bullshit witch hunt to see if you were high, drunk, or just retarded and you can lose your job.



Big law suit from what I remember kind of fucked them on some ends. But yeah dudes credibility is out the window in my opinion. Pictures while your significant other is crying on the ground and dude is freaking out?







The guys a douche for sure and a giant pussy. He's the reason our pass prices keep going up because he's the kind of idiot that will sue people. Shit happens. I dislocated my elbow on a jump on X mas the lip was a little soft and gave out on me on my heel edge, OH NOEZ LETS SUE AND MAKZ MONIEZ!!! Or I could just accept the fact it was an accident and snow changes.

This has been a bad year for people being hit from behind. Opening weekend at Breck my boy got hit from behind and broke his neck. I got hit at Keystone by some rampaging she devil park rat that couldn't turn. I was fine she got crushed by me landing on her it happens.

At Breck fucking idiot Johnny speed racer on his Skate Banana in his Air Force fatigues clipped me from behind cause he was in the gaper tuck. I screamed at him to pay attention he wanted to fight about it with his Air Force friends, I said fuck it and started swinging. They got the point real quick you don't hit someone from behind then blame them for it. But once again shit happens.

Long and short person ahead of you has the right of way within reason. Space not speed all that bullshit it's whatever.

And on that dumb ass saying her season is over. WTF I dislocated my elbow 8 hours of it out of the socket, I'm officially cleared to ride in 6 weeks. She didn't have anything serious it sounds like, so what the hell are they bitching about. Season ender? Fucking sack up tell the dumb twat waffle to pull her panties out of her cunt and man up it's not like she had her arm cut off, her spleen explode, or a ski stuck up her asshole.

As for being an instructor that means nothing right now. What does matter is how the resort is dealing with this because out here if you have a collision ski patrol gives you and the other person you hits contact info to settle it yourselves. Resort is just the facilitator the individuals are liable.
Definitely somethings not right with the blogger's story, in fact I was just checking it on TGR, comments were very similar to SBF. Someone even said "the blogger was getting flamed so he suspended people from leaving comments". Has anyone posted anything on Summit's FB Page? like they did on Snowbasin's....
RichnNorcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
RichnNorcal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nor Cal n Sacramento, Pass to Homewood
Posts: 47
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I know Grizz and no he is not a fucking idiot and spends well over 100 days a year on snow....

His point was that if everyone actually rode defensively per their responsibility, 99% of these incidents could be avoided. We all ride defensively (those of us with brains) and assume the other guy is a fucking idiot just like we do on the highway. You have to assume the other guy is out to kill you and expect him to run the light. I cannot count how many times every single day that I ride when I make an evasive maneuver to avoid someone who looks like they are not paying attention or have zero control. I do the same when driving; when I see some fucking moron doing 50 coming up to a red light, even though I have the green, I start getting on the brakes because I am assuming he is going to run the red. I am also a pilot and even though I have been cleared onto a runway for takeoff, I still have a responsibility to look for traffic and ultimately collision avoidance is my responsibility not just the tower`s.
Snowolf, so true! Defensive Riding is a must on blues and greens...not so much when riding blacks, because normally peps have skills to ride. I'm so cautious when riding the lower mountain v. upper steeps and bowls. I like your analogue of flying a plane, for me I would compare it to driving a boat, since they're no lanes on the water ...
RichnNorcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #34 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt166 View Post
Your preaching to the choir here chief. I've never hit anyone. I ride well within my limits, I have to, I work for a mountain, if I hit somebody its game over.

But I know your not telling me you know where every patch of ice is on every run at any given point, and that you never go fast. Besides, it doesn't really mean shit how you ride, its about how other people ride, and they will never be as careful.
And that's the point. If everyone followed the code of conduct and rode within themselves, then a huge percentage of these collisions wouldn't happen. Single person accidents...sure. Two person collisions? Always avoidable.

The problem isn't with the various rules, it's the people who don't think they apply to them. And that doesn't make the rules any less sensible. The rules are just fine, sensible and applicable to every condition, deep pow or boilerplate.

Last edited by Bones; 01-15-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
RichnNorcal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nor Cal n Sacramento, Pass to Homewood
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Have not seen any and why should people flame summit? It's not in their control and the situation is not even remotely close to Snowbasin where an instructor and a patroller on duty verbally assaulted a paying guest without any just cause.
Who knows, I wouldn't put it past the blogger to try some sort of smear campaign against the resort. However, I would like to see a follow-up blog to see how it all turned out.
RichnNorcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Your point is meaningless. I haven't hit anyone
And Fucking Idiot who "don't spend that much time on the snow"? That's really funny. How many days do you have on snow in the last 18 years?
Really? A pissing competition on who has the most days? I don't count - I'm not a skier.
Matt166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #37 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Grizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Junction of 84 and 35
Posts: 1,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt166 View Post
Really? A pissing competition on who has the most days? I don't count - I'm not a skier.
I don't keep track of individual days but do know how many seasons. From that it's easy to figure a minimum number of days. Everyone remembers what year they started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt166 View Post
If you truly believe this, then you are a fucking idiot, and clearly don't spend that much time on the snow.
You questioned my experience on snow. I can guess with a high probability of accuracy it's more than yours. If I'm the "fucking idiot" because of my limited "time on snow", you must be something less.

You tried to make it sound like my opinion was based on inexperience, when in reality it was based on decades of experience.
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
I don't keep track of individual days but do know how many seasons. From that it's easy to figure a minimum number of days. Everyone remembers what year they started.



You questioned my experience on snow. I can guess with a high probability of accuracy it's more than yours. If I'm the "fucking idiot" because of my limited "time on snow", you must be something less.

You tried to make it sound like my opinion was based on inexperience, when in reality it was based on decades of experience.
Actually, I made a judgement on your experience on snow based on your ridiculous belief that rules alone will keep you safe. This industry is full of people who fall back on the "years of experience" line when they run out of points to back up their argument.

Snowsports has changed, I prefer to move with the times, but honestly think what you want, I'm over it. Next time something out of the ordinary happens, and you get hit even though the other person was doing the best they could to follow the rules, maybe you will change your opinion.
Matt166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums