insane - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
insane

Like most resorts, in Austria it is snowing daily and has been since last week. I'm thinking of driving there (6.5hr trip) friday night to be able to board saturday and sunday, and then drive back to arrive around about midnight at home. Now my GF thinks I'm nuts, but I really want to be able to board on pow this yrs. Last year the snow was crap from half feb onwards and I'll only be back half Feb, so I at least would be able to get a few great days boarding this year. Since no friends wanna come it'll just be me, but who cares as most of my best days were alone

What do you guys think?
skippy79 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member
 
fattrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy79 View Post
snowing daily and has been since last week. I'm thinking of driving ther....
What do you guys think?
I think its time to call in sick friday....

Never Summer SL153 & Atomic Hatchet 159
Burton CO2
Nitro Teams
fattrav is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London, UK
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I drove to Zermatt, Switzerland from the UK last season for a weekend and it was immense. 6.5hrs is nothing. Do it!
howeh is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattrav View Post
I think its time to call in sick friday....
I wish, if I worked for a boss, it would have been friday and monday, but being self employed, theres no chance that'll be happening.... I'll have do it with 2 days only, but will be back 2 weeks later
skippy79 is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 5,340
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy79 View Post
Like most resorts, in Austria it is snowing daily and has been since last week. I'm thinking of driving there (6.5hr trip) friday night to be able to board saturday and sunday, and then drive back to arrive around about midnight at home. Now my GF thinks I'm nuts, but I really want to be able to board on pow this yrs. Last year the snow was crap from half feb onwards and I'll only be back half Feb, so I at least would be able to get a few great days boarding this year. Since no friends wanna come it'll just be me, but who cares as most of my best days were alone

What do you guys think?
What's there to question? You should just go, from pictures I've seen in austria, they got the biggest dump in the world a week ago or so. Like 18' in 2 days...... Di it for sure
Argo is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 5,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy79 View Post
I wish, if I worked for a boss, it would have been friday and monday, but being self employed, theres no chance that'll be happening.... I'll have do it with 2 days only, but will be back 2 weeks later
Uda boss man...fri, sat, sun and mon....those damm Austria business trips are hell. And then work your ass off when you get home only to do it again in 2 weeks

wrathfuldeity is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me and a buddy drove 10 hours through the night to go for a few days all the time. And that's for the shitty conditions we are having. Do it you'll kick yourself if you don't
Bretfred is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My girlfriend would be well happy if I didn't work (she works with me), Got tooooo much stuff friday and monday to cancel, but trip is planned, leaving 00.00 to be there hopefully around about 7am for breakfast( a good austrian brekkie ( schnitzel und flugel ), going to do night boarding on saturday swell( might swell make the most of it ) then sunday till 3pm and then back off home..... will try to get some pics up here
skippy79 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Pow?POW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central PA/Northern VA
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Definitely go man, no time like the present and as you stated last February sucked so might as well not waste this opportunity.

...und Prost!

Sleep.Fuck.Party (DJ music FTW)
Pow?POW! is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pow?POW! View Post
Definitely go man, no time like the present and as you stated last February sucked so might as well not waste this opportunity.

...und Prost!
danke danke
skippy79 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome