Finally SoCal is getting some snow - Page 15 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 229 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A lot of that mt high video was conquest or the side hits off it.

And pretty boring vid....good riders, but you can tell that we don't get powder often lol.
CornedBeef is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 229 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012, 04:41 AM
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornedBeef View Post
A lot of that mt high video was conquest or the side hits off it.

And pretty boring vid....good riders, but you can tell that we don't get powder often lol.
Of course. for Mt High it looks ok. For anything else it sucks
jdang307 is offline  
post #143 of 229 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone going to Bear or Summit this week? I know the storm last night didn't bring the 2ft we were all hoping for, but 6-9" ain't that bad.
handscreate is offline  
post #144 of 229 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I might be able to go to BB/SS on thursday. I'd prefer to go to High unless anyone knows of some deals to be had on lift tickets. I just spent 10 days at mammoth I'm not paying 60 bux to ride BB. I'm buying a pass to high for next year so I might as well head there anyway.


Starting April I have Tue-Wed-Thur off work so if anyone wants to hit up Mt High on a weekday just say so
mixie is offline  
post #145 of 229 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
I might be able to go to BB/SS on thursday. I'd prefer to go to High unless anyone knows of some deals to be had on lift tickets. I just spent 10 days at mammoth I'm not paying 60 bux to ride BB. I'm buying a pass to high for next year so I might as well head there anyway.


Starting April I have Tue-Wed-Thur off work so if anyone wants to hit up Mt High on a weekday just say so
I've got a 2for1 for M-F, though it ends on Mar. 30. I have a ticket for myself, but you can always snag someone out of the ticket line to go halves with you... Just a thought... I think Del Taco might have 2for1 also, but I haven't confirmed it

Those are for BM/SS. For High deals, check out www.SkiForFree.com & use code "SKI".
handscreate is offline  
post #146 of 229 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 09:15 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Zombaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to go Wed for the ride free on your bday ticket. But this work thing may be getting in the way.
Zombaco is offline  
post #147 of 229 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombaco View Post
I'm trying to go Wed for the ride free on your bday ticket. But this work thing may be getting in the way.
Happy Birthday! Still going to mammoth for easter? I am and would love to carpool with someone. Anyone!


I am now working all week. I was in Mammoth yesterday and my office called and asked me to work on Tuesday. I said I would only come back for a full (tue-fri) week of work. I was hoping they'd call my bluff and I'd still be there. Today is gonna be rad up there.... But no, they offered me work for the week so now it's no snowboarding for me.


I just bought a new board and renewed my season pass to mammoth..yeah, I need the work
mixie is offline  
post #148 of 229 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 12:29 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Zombaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
Happy Birthday! Still going to mammoth for easter? I am and would love to carpool with someone. Anyone!


I am now working all week. I was in Mammoth yesterday and my office called and asked me to work on Tuesday. I said I would only come back for a full (tue-fri) week of work. I was hoping they'd call my bluff and I'd still be there. Today is gonna be rad up there.... But no, they offered me work for the week so now it's no snowboarding for me.


I just bought a new board and renewed my season pass to mammoth..yeah, I need the work
Thanks! Getting old Yup, still goin up for Easter. Not sure on my travel arrangements yet, but trying to leave Thurs night the 5th, so I can get 3 full days of riding in. Were you going up then too? Hopefully another good front will come thru that week or weekend. I want some pow sometime this season.

What board did you get? You buy from P3? I'm hoping to renew my pass before May, to get the cheap price.

Work filled out this week, so another year of no free bday riding.
Zombaco is offline  
post #149 of 229 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombaco View Post
Thanks! Getting old Yup, still goin up for Easter. Not sure on my travel arrangements yet, but trying to leave Thurs night the 5th, so I can get 3 full days of riding in. Were you going up then too? Hopefully another good front will come thru that week or weekend. I want some pow sometime this season.

What board did you get? You buy from P3? I'm hoping to renew my pass before May, to get the cheap price.

Work filled out this week, so another year of no free bday riding.

Old? Please, I am sure I got a few years on ya! I want to head up Thursday night, probably leave Burbank around 6ish. Can leave a car( mine or others) at my office if need be.

I got a Roxy Envi. It was close between that and the Lotus but the Envi just fucking rawked it. and you know how I feel about "womens specific" boards and considering it was a "womens specific brand" I judged it extra harshly and it still won out.


We had 2 people quit and I think they're worried more of us might do the same so they offered me the week of work to come back. I still didn't want to. Yesterday was pretty good but the top wasn't open. Actually not much was open. Back of three was closed for avy control and Chair 5 was on and off all day. The only chairs open were 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10. and 3 and 5 were on and off with limited acess. China bowl was SWEEET tho.
mixie is offline  
post #150 of 229 (permalink) Old 03-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh and yeah, I bought from P3. Those dudes are awesome in there. I brought the Envi back from my Demo Day and I said "Im keeping it. You can just keep my old board"

I had checked out the price of the Envi on various websites but I didn't even ask for a deal at P3. I just said give me the board please! And you know what? They only charged me 10 dollars more then the cheapest online price. Yeah, with sales tax it ended up being maybe 20 bux more thenb buying online but it was SO WORTH IT!!!

P3 is filled with awesome dudes.
mixie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome