waxing yourself - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 42
Default

Snow here is sharp .
Guess you powder nosed bitches need to scrape after all.

And I don't know what a fry stick is but I would smoke your ass on any slope, drop or gap you got

So l guess you can ... Blow me?

The wax must coalescE into the board. Not evaporate. Sorry principal skinner.

And maybe that girl Would be actually sexy If the board slapped her around a bit but as it is just a girl in underwear who shakes when the camera is on her and does not seem
Comfortable doing this shoot at all

Last edited by Intheshit; 03-21-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Evaporate
Intheshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Pow View Post
I thought this was going to be about self waxing your back, or some chick waxing the precious parts.


thinking the same way too.


Killington Ski Trip
Killington Ski vacation packages
Mont Tremblant ski
Mont Tremblant ski packages
otisdelarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 206
Default

Don't ever let a chick talk you into... wait what is this about?
jdmccright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Random Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: an igloo in Canada
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intheshit View Post
Snow here is sharp .
Guess you powder nosed bitches need to scrape after all.

And I don't know what a fry stick is but I would smoke your ass on any slope, drop or gap you got

So l guess you can ... Blow me?

The wax must coalescE into the board. Not evaporate. Sorry principal skinner.

And maybe that girl Would be actually sexy If the board slapped her around a bit but as it is just a girl in underwear who shakes when the camera is on her and does not seem
Comfortable doing this shoot at all
Make your life easier and just shut up before you really expose how stupid you are.
__________________
Shredding the ice coast, one hill at a time....
Random Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 42
Default

well when you say something like that you really give me no choice do you?

and what about my life would be getting easier? is that a masked threat? or do you think my wellbeing somehow depends on what you personally think of me?

fucking boring ass loser. (YOU igloo dweller)

and what you are telling me you dont get off on that shit? dont lie to yourself, its human nature.
Intheshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 777
Default

LMFAO @ intheshit, really thats your advice on waxing....literally lol'ing
__________________
my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls
cjcameron11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intheshit View Post
Snow here is sharp .
Guess you powder nosed bitches need to scrape after all.
I too ride really sharp fake snow on the East Coast. I notice a marked difference on day 2. Day 3 I'm thinking about waxing again. If I haven't waxed for day 4 or 5, the board is slow.

Day 1 after waxing I'm instantly faster.

Scraping the excess wax off the surface makes you fast on day 1. Not scraping the wax will make you slow on day 1 until you're down to the base. Now you don't need an excellent scrape, brush, and buff like if you're riding wet snow or powder, but you do need to scrape.

You're waxing technique is wrong. That's ok. Watch SnowWolf's how to wax your board videos and do everything through scraping. Everyone's wrong lots of times in life. The best thing you can do is learn to admit to yourself when you're wrong and learn from it.
Cycle4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
So i wanted to wax my own snowboard. I was just wondering what i need to do it and maybe a link or general guide on how to do it. Thanks!
Here, let me Google that for you.
Cycle4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle4Fun View Post
I too ride really sharp fake snow on the East Coast. I notice a marked difference on day 2. Day 3 I'm thinking about waxing again. If I haven't waxed for day 4 or 5, the board is slow.

Day 1 after waxing I'm instantly faster.

Scraping the excess wax off the surface makes you fast on day 1. Not scraping the wax will make you slow on day 1 until you're down to the base. Now you don't need an excellent scrape, brush, and buff like if you're riding wet snow or powder, but you do need to scrape.

You're waxing technique is wrong. That's ok. Watch SnowWolf's how to wax your board videos and do everything through scraping. Everyone's wrong lots of times in life. The best thing you can do is learn to admit to yourself when you're wrong and learn from it.
Use a colder temp wax for your "sharp" snow. Doesn't matter what snow you're riding on you should be putting the effort into a good scrape and texture. It's just as important on corn snow as it is on powder...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Use a colder temp wax for your "sharp" snow. Doesn't matter what snow you're riding on you should be putting the effort into a good scrape and texture. It's just as important on corn snow as it is on powder...
I know. I do a good scrape. Scraping is as important as heat and even coverage. You don't need to bother with the buff and brush though. The abrasive snow gets you there after the first run or two.
Cycle4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums