You're faced with the same flip-of-a-coin problem that everyone faces when deciding whether or not to get the extended warranty. There's no way to predict the 'right' outcome. Personally I'd be more concerned about the hassle involved in trying to handle an overseas warranty issue. Worth the $100 to me for the convenience of dealing locally. But that's just my personal take.