Skateboard Goofy but Snowboard Regular - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 14
Default

There is really no rhyme or reason to it. I am right handed and kick right footed but am goofy in skating surfing and snowboarding. A lot of this is passed from parent to child. All my kids are goofy. My best friend all his kids are regular as he is, but there are exceptions to this as well. I have a buddy who is a pro surfer left handed regular and his dad is a right handed goofy. My cousin skates goofy and boards and surfs regular. Its one of life's great mysteries. lol
antman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 1,946
Blog Entries: 10
Default

If it's a board, I ride it goofy. However, when I skate, I push mongo. And for obvious reasons I can't do that on a snowboard. It made skating harder to learn for me on my snowboard, but in the end, I got it, and in getting it, I can now push my skateboard non-mongo if I'm feeling feisty. I'm also very much right handed. Finally, why all the hate on mongo pushers?! Who gives a fuck? As long as you're having fun, it shouldn't matter.
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
If it's a board, I ride it goofy. However, when I skate, I push mongo. And for obvious reasons I can't do that on a snowboard. It made skating harder to learn for me on my snowboard, but in the end, I got it, and in getting it, I can now push my skateboard non-mongo if I'm feeling feisty. I'm also very much right handed. Finally, why all the hate on mongo pushers?! Who gives a fuck? As long as you're having fun, it shouldn't matter.
I wasnt hating on mongo pushers, i just said thats a totally different kind of weird. its not like i said "FUCK NO I DONT PUSH MONGO, THAT SHIT IS RETARDED, I HATE PEOPLE WHO PUSH MONGO!" It just looks funny is all, and i think i stated earlier that you should ride whatever way feels most comfortable, and im sure thats why you push mongo so how could i hate?
JohnnyVolcom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
grafta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
Finally, why all the hate on mongo pushers?! Who gives a fuck? As long as you're having fun, it shouldn't matter.


I'm a mongo and have gotten shit from complete strangers just skating round the seawall. Learning slowly to push reg.

To the OP, you have a lucky quirk! You don't push mong and can ride both ways. SICK!
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstx1017 View Post
I've always wondered if what hand you write with has something to do with being Regular or Goofy and if someone could post a poll on this I'd love it.

I ride regular and I am left handed. However, the only thing I do left handed is write and eat with a spoon, fork left handed - everything else I do is right handed. I throw right handed, bowl right handed, swing a bat right handed, kick a ball with my right foot, use right handed scissors, etc.

My husband is totally right hand dominant and he is goofy.

So, how about a poll asking if you are regular or goofy - what hand do you write with? Just curious.....
WEll, i write with my right hand. I shoot Righy in hockey (which doesnt mean much) i play racquet sports i use my right hand. Bat righty in baseball, Golf righty, Kick righty.....When i play Hacky sak my right foot does most the hitting LOL...so i feel pretty right side dominant, but i snowboard regular.....anf skate goofy obv....
JohnnyVolcom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Sick-Pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post


I'm a mongo and have gotten shit from complete strangers just skating round the seawall. Learning slowly to push reg.

To the OP, you have a lucky quirk! You don't push mong and can ride both ways. SICK!
I am learning to push "normal" too. funny we are all such mongos. hilarious no less. I have only seen about 3 people at the skatepark in 10 years who push mongo, and here we have a gaggle of mongos.

Considering when I was 8-16, I would travel all over my town on my board, mongo works pretty good for me being goofy and right foot dominate.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 1,946
Blog Entries: 10
Default

@JohnnyVolcom5 -- I wasn't calling you out specifically in mentioning the mongo hate, I was just calling it out in general. Look at Grafta's post right below yours. That's the kind of hate I was calling out. It happens at damn near every skate park I ride at. It's retarded and I don't get it. That's all.
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion

Last edited by NWBoarder; 04-20-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Fixed my minor lapse in reading ability
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,216
Default

I think the OP might be broken. I never really skated, played a bit when I was 10 that's about it. I snowboard goofy, right foot forward on slalom waterskis, wakeboard goofy, windsurf goofy.

I just thought about standing on a skateboard with my left foot on it and kicking with my right and I think I just bailed in my head! lol

Try riding switch a lot more, you might just be ambidextrous on a board or something.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
@JohnnyVolcom5 -- I wasn't calling you out specifically in mentioning the mongo hate, I was just calling it out in general. Look at Argo's post right below yours. That's the kind of hate I was calling out. It happens at damn near every skate park I ride at. It's retarded and I don't get it. That's all.
Well im sure the people hatin are either jealous because the mongo skater is better then they are, or they are just immature high school kids. Just ignore it and keep skating the way that feels natural to you.
JohnnyVolcom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Sick-Pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I think the OP might be broken. I never really skated, played a bit when I was 10 that's about it. I snowboard goofy, right foot forward on slalom waterskis, wakeboard goofy, windsurf goofy.

I just thought about standing on a skateboard with my left foot on it and kicking with my right and I think I just bailed in my head! lol

Try riding switch a lot more, you might just be ambidextrous on a board or something.
Pushing mongo is not broken, we are just a little strange. There are a couple (maybe 2, ever) pro skaters that do it.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums