Long story short:
1. I graduate from college in May (ie. I have to become an adult).
2. I have 0 classes between December and February.
3. I love snowboarding.
I have 2 options:
1. Stay on the East Coast. I'm thinking of going to VT those 3 months and staying in Killington. They have a Student Pass for $319!! I'd have my car, and be only 5 hours away from home and friends. I just have to find a place to live/work part-time.
2. Go to Salt Lake City. My friend and a few of her friends are moving into a house as I write this, and I'm 99.9% sure they'd let me live with them for a few months. But
- I can't make that drive on my own, so I won't have my car
- Planes are expensive
- Season Passe are going to be a little more pricey (I think?)
I believe that the pass wars are starting to simmer and maybe flat out boil in the Salt Lake City area. I believe Snobasin passes are something like $450 this year. Though it's not a SLC area resort, it's pretty kick ass and right outside of Ogden. Plenty close to SLC.
Terrain and snow fall is worlds better than anywhere on the east coast. Much more reliable. Plus, they did have an odd season last year. It wasn't very good. The pendulum tends to swing to the opposite side the next season on yeas like that. So it would probably be a great year to be there.
Having your car would be worth it. Check out the movie Kalifornia, put an add up for someone to share gas with to Salt Lake and enjoy yourself..
SLC all day. Haven't been there, but if you're looking to go boarding within that time frame, West coast all day. Plus, SLC isn't THAT far from Mammoth, and Mammoth has $199 student season passes not to mention it's one of the top parks/resorts in the country along with SLC =]