Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
-   -   ESPN cancels SBX/Skier X (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/49340-espn-cancels-sbx-skier-x.html)

Argo 08-25-2012 11:51 AM

ESPN cancels SBX/Skier X
 
What do you guys think about this?


I personally loved watching it, my son loves it and his younger friends love it...... They all do pipe and slope too but love SBX..... I'm sad to see it taken away for the year, some of the last original games events taken away.

linvillegorge 08-25-2012 03:43 PM

The silence speaks volumes. That's how much people care.

Those courses are just too time consuming, too expensive, and too labor intensive to setup when virtually no one cares.

BurtonAvenger 08-25-2012 07:35 PM

No loss it's a throwback event to the racing that has slowly disappeared. The sooner it's gone the sooner we can concentrate on what matters which isn't racing.

HoboMaster 08-25-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 515196)
No loss it's a throwback event to the racing that has slowly disappeared. The sooner it's gone the sooner we can concentrate on what matters which isn't racing.

Because doing perfectly choreographed 4560 twirlybirds is what sells redbulls, right?

blunted_nose 08-25-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 515196)
No loss it's a throwback event to the racing that has slowly disappeared. The sooner it's gone the sooner we can concentrate on what matters which isn't racing.

Lol, i didnt hate it, just didnt care. But i would love something like supernatural to hit TV's :D, or anything original.

linvillegorge 08-25-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoboMaster (Post 515201)
Because doing perfectly choreographed 4560 twirlybirds is what sells redbulls, right?

Basically, yeah.

I'm far more interested in big mountain riding, but it's that stunt ditch that drives this sport in most people's eyes. Shaun White is the only snowboarder who is a household name.

blunted_nose 08-25-2012 10:36 PM

Redbull is pretty good, ehh.
But MDP is where it's at.

BurtonAvenger 08-25-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 515203)
Basically, yeah.

I'm far more interested in big mountain riding, but it's that stunt ditch that drives this sport in most people's eyes. Shaun White is the only snowboarder who is a household name.

Stunt ditch doesn't drive shit if you look at the boards that are on the market very few are BX or HP oriented it's more slopestyle or all mountain freestyle. Also with Supernatural we're seeing more things going that way and more mainstream attention to that. Deeper did more to sell splitboards to the mainstream than anything else. There's a critical shift in how snowboarding is being marketed and it's honestly writing a few things that have sucked.

SBX did nothing to get people to want to snowboard all it did was make idiots that didn't know how to ride just go straight and hope they didn't wash out or hit someone.

blunted_nose 08-25-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 515213)
Stunt ditch doesn't drive shit if you look at the boards that are on the market very few are BX or HP oriented it's more slopestyle or all mountain freestyle. Also with Supernatural we're seeing more things going that way and more mainstream attention to that. Deeper did more to sell splitboards to the mainstream than anything else. There's a critical shift in how snowboarding is being marketed and it's honestly writing a few things that have sucked.

SBX did nothing to get people to want to snowboard all it did was make idiots that didn't know how to ride just go straight and hope they didn't wash out or hit someone.

HA, saw a good bit of those people myself. Its actually kind of scary because they arent just putting themselfs in danger, but also other's. While you can see burton and others putting out more and more pow orianted boards out there, mainly because of the supernatural and movies like art of flight and such. Redbull is so mainstream.

linvillegorge 08-26-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 515213)
Stunt ditch doesn't drive shit if you look at the boards that are on the market very few are BX or HP oriented it's more slopestyle or all mountain freestyle. Also with Supernatural we're seeing more things going that way and more mainstream attention to that. Deeper did more to sell splitboards to the mainstream than anything else. There's a critical shift in how snowboarding is being marketed and it's honestly writing a few things that have sucked.

SBX did nothing to get people to want to snowboard all it did was make idiots that didn't know how to ride just go straight and hope they didn't wash out or hit someone.

In terms of boards, sure. I was talking more about mainstream appeal beyond just the snowboarding community. I don't think those people realize you can ride a snowboard outside of a halfpipe.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2