Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
-   -   New Sony HD cam, 12o fps in HD (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/49483-new-sony-hd-cam-12o-fps.html)

timmytard 09-05-2012 09:39 PM

New Sony HD cam, 12o fps in HD
 
EXCLUSIVE HANDS ON: New Sony ActionCam with HD and WI-FI (IFA 2012) - YouTube

Wi-fi to you phone & change the settings, that's cool.


TT

henry06x 09-05-2012 11:06 PM

Thing sounds pretty cool that you can connect it to your phone and adjust light settings and stuff. Be better if it was Bluetooth tho instead of having to be on wifi.

blunted_nose 09-05-2012 11:31 PM

sht, im getting it. i always wanted something like contour but the roam doesnt have a removable battery.... jesus.

timmytard 09-06-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry06x (Post 516799)
Thing sounds pretty cool that you can connect it to your phone and adjust light settings and stuff. Be better if it was Bluetooth tho instead of having to be on wifi.

I don't have a smarty pants phone so I don't know, would you be able to upload videos to the interweb with bluetooth? Why would it be better with bluetooth or what's so great about blueteeth?

I'm not tryin' to be a smart ass, I honestly don't have a clue what the difference would be?

TT

linvillegorge 09-06-2012 01:47 AM

This looks like it could be a huge win. MSRP of $200. Probably be able to find it online fairly quickly for $150ish. That in't bad at all. Sony makes some damn good cameras.

Justin 09-06-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmytard (Post 516826)
I don't have a smarty pants phone so I don't know, would you be able to upload videos to the interweb with bluetooth? Why would it be better with bluetooth or what's so great about blueteeth?

I'm not tryin' to be a smart ass, I honestly don't have a clue what the difference would be?

TT

Bluetooth is a connection between 2 devices that doesn't go through the internet, just goes between those 2. So you don't need to have cell reception or internet access to use bluetooth.

hktrdr 09-06-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 516882)
Bluetooth is a connection between 2 devices that doesn't go through the internet, just goes between those 2. So you don't need to have cell reception or internet access to use bluetooth.

All of that can apply to WiFi...

hktrdr 09-06-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmytard (Post 516826)
I don't have a smarty pants phone so I don't know, would you be able to upload videos to the interweb with bluetooth? Why would it be better with bluetooth or what's so great about blueteeth?

I'm not tryin' to be a smart ass, I honestly don't have a clue what the difference would be?

TT

Technically, WiFi is more flexible and powerful (including faster transfer speeds and longer range) than Bluetooth but is also more complex to implement, requires more complicaed hardware, and draws more power. Hence, Bluetooth is popular for simple cable replacement applications (especially for mobile devices). In contrast, WiFi is generally used to connect to a network (internet, intranet or other LAN).

timmytard 09-07-2012 12:42 AM

So, they're pretty much the same except no interweb with bluetooth.

Wi-fi is way better then, if you have it you don't need bluetooth.
If you have bluetooth you still need Wi-fi.
Maybe not need, but why the hell would you get one without it then?

TT

hktrdr 09-07-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmytard (Post 516999)
So, they're pretty much the same except no interweb with bluetooth.

Wi-fi is way better then, if you have it you don't need bluetooth.
If you have bluetooth you still need Wi-fi.
Maybe not need, but why the hell would you get one without it then?

TT

No, you can get the internet both over WiFi and Bluetooth.

The difference is that Bluetooth is simpler, both in good and bad ways - very generally the advantages are mostly while 'in the field' (lower battery usage, easier to establish basic one-to-one connection between two devices, etc.) and disadvantages are more relevant when back 'home' (limited number of simultaneously connected devices, slower transfer speed (cannot stream video smoothly)).

Personally I would have gone with Bluetooth in the camera for increased simplicity and better battery life. But I can see the attraction of WiFi (come home and copy videos directly to multiple computers and the network drive, stream videos directly to a smart TV, etc.).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2