Buying a Board Online? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RightCoastShred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere with snow
Posts: 156
Default Buying a Board Online?

I'm looking at buying a board online because my local shop doesn't carry it. Worried that it might get dinged up in shipping, but i haven't had a bad experience yet with shipping other items. Anybody have problems when they had their board shipped?
RightCoastShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
BiG NicK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 61
Default

I live in NY and had my board shipped to me from Washington State with absolutely no problems at all. The board is in perfect condition. I wouldn't worry about it... if a snowboard can make it down an icy mountain with no problems, I wouldn't see why it couldn't make it in a dry box.
BiG NicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 15
Default

I've gotten a board from Evo (WA to NH) with no issues whatsoever. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it's off eBay or Craigslist or something like that.
strobe32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RightCoastShred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere with snow
Posts: 156
Default

Yeah im probably gonna buy off evo because ive bought other stuff from them in the past and had no problems
RightCoastShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 103
Default

Evo is pretty legit, and my Never Summer SL I bought from them 2 seasons back came in with no problems. I ordered a banana magic a couple years back as well, no problems.

I just got my 2012 Ride Bezerker in today, however, and UPS (who is usually so good with my packages, and they are one of my bigger clients) decided to throw away the cardboard box when they somehow damaged it. They just taped the shipping label to the base. They only thing "protecting" the board was the thin ass plastic it comes with from the factory (shrink wrap). I was working and someone else accepted the package at my office. I look at it, hmm everything seems ok, edges aren't hurt somehow. Then I see it, oh what the fuck, there is a rub mark the size of megan fox's toe thumbs through the top sheet into the core. Motherfuck.

I call up the shop I bought it from (Buckman's). They were pretty courteous, made some phone calls, found out what UPS did, and since they didn't have any 2012 158's in stock, and neither did Ride, they are going to set me up with a return label and send out a 2013 version for me. Sweeeeet.

TLDR; Don't be afraid to buy online, shop local when you can (I'm in fucking Louisiana, I can't). If you buy from a stand up shop, they'll back you up if something does happen, but most likely it won't. This was just a fluke for me with UPS, they are pretty good to me usually.

Last edited by Chance42; 09-10-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Chance42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance42 View Post
Evo is pretty legit, and my Never Summer SL I bought from them 2 seasons back came in with no problems. I ordered a banana magic a couple years back as well, no problems.

I just got my 2012 Ride Bezerker in today, however, and UPS (who is usually so good with my packages, and they are one of my bigger clients) decided to throw away the cardboard box when they somehow damaged it. They just taped the shipping label to the base. They only thing "protecting" the board was the thin ass plastic it comes with from the factory (shrink wrap). I was working and someone else accepted the package at my office. I look at it, hmm everything seems ok, edges aren't hurt somehow. Then I see it, oh what the fuck, there is a rub mark the size of megan fox's toe thumbs through the top sheet into the core. Motherfuck.

I call up the shop I bought it from (Buckman's). They were pretty courteous, made some phone calls, found out what UPS did, and since they didn't have any 2012 158's in stock, and neither did Ride, they are going to set me up with a return label and send out a 2013 version for me. Sweeeeet.

TLDR; Don't be afraid to buy online, shop local when you can (I'm in fucking Louisiana, I can't). If you buy from a stand up shop, they'll back you up if something does happen, but most likely it won't. This was just a fluke for me with UPS, they are pretty good to me usually.
Wow that was a dick move by UPS. I guess you do have to account for random crap like that every so often, but that was certainly not the seller's fault at least...and you got a sweet deal out of it!
strobe32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member
 
ETM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The winds are a changing
Posts: 2,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCoastShred View Post
I'm looking at buying a board online because my local shop doesn't carry it. Worried that it might get dinged up in shipping, ?
How do you think the board gets to your local shop?
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RightCoastShred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere with snow
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
How do you think the board gets to your local shop?
ya i know boards get to shops through shipping, but shops usually order in bulk directly from the factories which is different than ordering one board from some online shop
RightCoastShred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Resident poet
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 3,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCoastShred View Post
ya i know boards get to shops through shipping, but shops usually order in bulk directly from the factories which is different than ordering one board from some online shop
Eh not really, its just a pile of boxes with several things/boards instead of 1 box with 1 board. Btw evo is legit, have a good friend that works there, they just moved their retail space and years ago when I bought a board on-line from them is was at my house the in 1.5 days.
__________________
wrathfuldeity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 808
Default

+1 for Evo
mojo maestro is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums