Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
- Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
- - Snowboarding Trivia. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/49855-snowboarding-trivia.html)
Just some random general snowboarding trivia questions I have. I dont know the answers so im hoping others fill in the blanks for me. Hopefully others will join in with some as well. I think it could be interesting.
1) Who developed the first rocker board and what company made it big?
-As far as I know lib-techs skate banana really opened up the profile craze in 2006 correct? But I here stuff about tinkering with it years ago also.
2) Who came out with the first canted footbed?
-Rides wedgie was the first I really heard of canted footbeds but I don't think they originated it.
3) American made bindings and boots?
- People talk about buying American made snowboards all the time (I.e. mervin, Smoking, Never Summer, Marhar....) but you never hear people talk about buying boots or bindings American made.
4) Torstein Horgmo's bindings?
- He is the most searched snowboarder on TW Snow and whenever his set-up is talked about he skips mentioning bindings. And when articles are wrote they usually just say "DC Prototype".
5) What company started the edge tech craze?
- Again I think this is mervin with magnetraction really getting it going but I'm not sure.
1 some village in siberia
3 sorels...in canada...does that count as american?
4 I highly doubt tor is the most searched...btw who is tor?
5 Do you mean using edges from skis that were screwed in on the routed plywood boards...legend has it as some good ol' Baker boys.
3. Few and far between China makes all
4. Burtons, DC scraped the prototype years ago.
5. Dynastar in 1977.
I wasn't talkig like metal edges. It's was just a sidecut then it branched out to magnetraction, vario grip, grip tech, frostbite edge. The bigger advancements in edge hold.
What was the first binding manufacturer to start the canting then?
Plate bindings mid 80's who gives a fuck company sucked dick then sucks dick now.
1. Snowboards were rockered before they were cambered, Mervin and K2 both re-introduced functional rockers the same season. The success of the Skate Banana made every other company re-think their board designs.
2. Canting was a very popular upgrade for softboots and hardboots in the late eighties into the early ninetees. Most canting back then involved angling the entire baseplate with a riser plate. There was at least one compay who was selling foam pads that you glued in place like a footbed. The first modern canting system I can remember seeing is the EST canted footbed by Burton (other than Catek.)
3. No U.S. boots and maybe Catek for binders (overkill for almost every rider out there.)
4. Most pro without (some with) binding sponsors ride Burtons.
5. Edge tech started with skis in the seventees but never caught on in that market. Burton might be the first on this one as well, PDE on the T6 was before magne. Magne-traction was the real start of the craze though.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.