T Bars - Where do you put your back foot? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
eXc
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
T Bars - Where do you put your back foot?

Hi All,

First question here. I have searched and haven't been able to find any information on this on the net (google/youtube/forums), which I find very strange.

I am curious about where you put your rear foot, and why, while on T Bars?

All my mates I ride with (including myself), put their rear foot at the rear binding (typical location of stomp pad).

I have spoken to a few people that say it's easier if you put your rear foot in the centre, or towards the front. They claim it takes weight of the front leg and makes a much easier ride. They also claim better control when you need to steer.

I have just bought another stomp pad and put it to the centre/front. The season here in Australia is over, so I'll have to wait till next year to try it, but I am just curious what others have found?

Cheers
Chris
eXc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXc View Post
Hi All,

First question here. I have searched and haven't been able to find any information on this on the net (google/youtube/forums), which I find very strange.

I am curious about where you put your rear foot, and why, while on T Bars?

All my mates I ride with (including myself), put their rear foot at the rear binding (typical location of stomp pad).

I have spoken to a few people that say it's easier if you put your rear foot in the centre, or towards the front. They claim it takes weight of the front leg and makes a much easier ride. They also claim better control when you need to steer.

I have just bought another stomp pad and put it to the centre/front. The season here in Australia is over, so I'll have to wait till next year to try it, but I am just curious what others have found?

Cheers
Chris
I usually switch it up when I ride T-bars. I do find that moving your feet closer together makes it easier, but I feel it is less balanced. What I find works best is to stick your foot in your back binding without strapping in. Provides more control and feels natural.
ColoRADical is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Lose the stomp pads you girly girl! lol

Anyway, I ride a fair bit of t-bars and platter lifts (I think they're called something else in your part of the world).

It's all about being comfortable, I wouldn't say there's a "best position" for all to follow. I probably tend to have my foot up close to my front foot. Makes standing feel a little more natural, and the tail of the board just drags behind me.

I wouldn't over think it, just try different things and do what you like!

Oh and stomp pads are overrated. About 5-6 years ago my stomp pad fell off my old board. I went to buy a new one and my buddy said "What for? You don't need it..." so I tried without and wallah, I'm still here to talk about it.
poutanen is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
HoboMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,316
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Lose the stomp pads you girly girl! lol

Anyway, I ride a fair bit of t-bars and platter lifts (I think they're called something else in your part of the world).

It's all about being comfortable, I wouldn't say there's a "best position" for all to follow. I probably tend to have my foot up close to my front foot. Makes standing feel a little more natural, and the tail of the board just drags behind me.

I wouldn't over think it, just try different things and do what you like!

Oh and stomp pads are overrated. About 5-6 years ago my stomp pad fell off my old board. I went to buy a new one and my buddy said "What for? You don't need it..." so I tried without and wallah, I'm still here to talk about it.
Do what you want, but stomp pads are great when it's either very cold and your topsheet gets icey or conditions are wet and it gets slippery. I have seen plenty of "Core" guys flail from their foot randomly slipping off the topsheet.

Depends on the T-bar setup, but I ride the one here with both feet strapped in. There's a minor slope that leads to the loading spot so there's no reason to get unstrapped.

PowderHound and TreeNinja
HoboMaster is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
Do what you want, but stomp pads are great when it's either very cold and your topsheet gets icey or conditions are wet and it gets slippery. I have seen plenty of "Core" guys flail from their foot randomly slipping off the topsheet.
BAH I say! I've been in all different conditions with no stomp pad, if you're trying to push the board around with your back foot that's the root of the problem. You're strapped in on the front, make adjustments with the front and the back is just along for the ride.

BAH!
poutanen is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member
 
BoardWalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
stomp pads are great when it's either very cold and your topsheet gets icey or conditions are wet and it gets slippery. I have seen plenty of "Core" guys flail from their foot randomly slipping off the topsheet.
Yep, sign me up for some grip on my topsheet.
BoardWalk is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
eXc
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the replies so far.

I have always had a stomp at the rear binding, but when i have tried to use the middle with no stomp, i can't get any grip whatsoever.

But...lets not turn this into a stomp debate!
eXc is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 4,618
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
The problem is, your sticking the bar through your legs.

Ya got to hold it like your being towed behind a boat.

Then your foot goes where it always does, right in front of your back binding.

Then you can carve back & forth, practice your one footers.

It's way better!!

TT

If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is online now  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Veteran Member
 
fattrav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If im riding with the tee between my legs, my rear foot goes at either the front of my rear binding or right up by my front foot. If im riding when the tee on the back of my hip, my foot goes infront of the rear binding. I use a couple of stomp dots in both places as the slush can stick to the underside of your boots and make the top sheet fairly slippery.

Never Summer SL153 & Atomic Hatchet 159
Burton CO2
Nitro Teams
fattrav is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you're not worried about your top sheet, throw some longboard grip tape on there and your foot will stay put.
ColoRADical is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome