Does anyone take Energy/Supplements? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
lonerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 947
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerkat89 View Post
I realize that, which is why I said "I could have been more in depth" lol. But what you listed works. Nitric Oxide isn't considered a stimulant, and that is usually my main go to. It gives you energy(both explosive and endurance) and mental focus, and it's considered a supplement because your body actually produces it. I'm looking for things along those lines. But stimulants do count, and I agree, they aren't good for you. I'm aware of how they work, and effect your body since I'm a personal trainer. Just looking to see what the snowboard community does!
Cool carry on then.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Redbull makes me feel weird. I stay away from it.
This and it tastes like medicine I used to gag down as a kid. Robitussin or some shit.

I like their sports videos
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
LuckyRVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,648
Default

2 or 3 cups of coffee in the morning. Then, inevitably I have to pull over twice on my way to the mtn to piss.
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Deviant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatoa View Post
Redbull makes me feel weird. I stay away from it.
Red Bull has Niacin in it, I think that's why it makes you feel weird.

I don't really drink any stimulants myself anymore, but the occasional monster tea at work. Biggest thing for me is having snacks when I'm on the slopes. I usually keep a couple clif bars in my jacket to eat every couple hours.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,670
Default

Actually I can't believe I forgot about this, but its because I have slacked the last few weeks, but look forward getting back into it during winter:

Bulletproof Coffee! (3 ingredients)
1. washed process coffee beans (unwashed and organic process coffee beans carry molds and toxins that washing removes)
2. grass fed UNSALTED butter (cafeine and antioxidants in the coffee will bond to this and give you 4-10 hours (seriously) of energy)
3. optional but cheap: MCT oil (this is the oil found in coconut and palm)

This stuff is amazing, if you make enough of it strong enough, it can kick your ass all day!!

Dont be scared of the butter, if you like coffee, be ready for the best cup you've ever had.

I actually signed up on this guys blog or whatever just to get more info on the diet, its basically Paleo 2.0.
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash

Last edited by snowklinger; 10-19-2012 at 12:25 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 126
Default

I mostly drink water on the slopes, but i do take creatine, no7rage (nitric oxide) and aminoboost for working out. I don't take them because im going to the slopes, i take them because its part of my regimen.
Whoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,802
Default

Coffee to get to the mountain. Once on there I never get sleepy, and trust me, I normally get sleepy because I don't sleep until 2-3 am every night, and I have to wake up at 5 am to drive to bear on time.

I used to drink energy drinks but stopped once I noticed heart palpitations. I would be sitting at work, and then I would get all hot, start sweating and antsy/nervous.

Then in another forum someone casually mentioned heart palpitations due to energy drinks. So I stopped drinking it, and the palpitations have stopped.

I've fell asleep on long lifts before. Or felt like I wanted to. But once I strap in again I'm never sleepy.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Coffee to get to the mountain. Once on there I never get sleepy, and trust me, I normally get sleepy because I don't sleep until 2-3 am every night, and I have to wake up at 5 am to drive to bear on time.

I used to drink energy drinks but stopped once I noticed heart palpitations. I would be sitting at work, and then I would get all hot, start sweating and antsy/nervous.

Then in another forum someone casually mentioned heart palpitations due to energy drinks. So I stopped drinking it, and the palpitations have stopped.

I've fell asleep on long lifts before. Or felt like I wanted to. But once I strap in again I'm never sleepy.
speaking of this, i saw a news story not too long ago of a guy who drank energy drinks like water, he would have like 4 or 5 of them a day. One day his heart started beatin erratically, so he went to the hospital. They couldnt stabalize/return his heartbeat to normal, so they had to stop it, and revive him. That alone should convince anyone that they aren't good for you.
Whoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
speaking of this, i saw a news story not too long ago of a guy who drank energy drinks like water, he would have like 4 or 5 of them a day. One day his heart started beatin erratically, so he went to the hospital. They couldnt stabalize/return his heartbeat to normal, so they had to stop it, and revive him. That alone should convince anyone that they aren't good for you.
Or at least not drink 4-5 daily haha.
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
I mostly drink water on the slopes, but i do take creatine, no7rage (nitric oxide) and aminoboost for working out. I don't take them because im going to the slopes, i take them because its part of my regimen.
I'm on my off cycle unfortunately starting today, and had to do chest. Definitely not as fun haha
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums