JJ's Further - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
tomtom88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Default JJ's Further

Anybody seen this display of insanity yet?

I bought it this past Monday and have watched it twice already, about to watch it for a third time too! I definitely think this is one of the better snowboarding flick's I have seen in awhile. The footage and scope of the mountains they were climbing/ riding were absolutely breathtaking. Jeremy Jones definitely is dedicated to the love of snowboarding. I feel he is one of only a few exemplars of the snowboarding realm who strives to have as little impact on the environment when he makes these trips. A true quality example.

I mean, who else would ride a snowmobile for 30 hours so as not to use a plane or helicopter to arrive on scene?
__________________
Take yourself to higher places.
tomtom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 10,821
Default

Well, you can't fly in that range in Svarlbard for one. Powder Whores were there the week following JJ's trip.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
tomtom88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Default

Well color me misinformed haha.
__________________
Take yourself to higher places.
tomtom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NC ---> NYC
Posts: 22
Default

I actually just watched it last night. Pretty amazing film. Some of the lines those guys (and girl) hit scared the shit out of me-- they're operating on a totally different level. Also, mad respect to the crew who were up there hiking those chutes with all the camera gear, etc.
miles1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom88 View Post
I feel he is one of only a few exemplars of the snowboarding realm who strives to have as little impact on the environment when he makes these trips. A true quality example.
If hes doing the hikes in for the love of the environment then hes a bit of a tool, but I'd say he does it for his love of hiking and getting to sell it as saving the environment is an added bonus to appeal to those greenie wankers... fuck them and the environment!

Anyway, yea aul Jeremy is a sick boy.. surely he has to start working on 'Higher' soon, give the people what they want Jones!
Richie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NW NJ via NYC
Posts: 202
Default

I was planning to hit the premiere in NYC but had to go to a work gig. Bought it on itunes the day after it was finally released but held out on watching it for an upcoming flight I had to CentAm. Helped make the flight go by quick.. basically watched it twice and spent the flight oooing and ahhing and trying to get my wife to understand how bananas some of it was. Love the overall vibe of the series so far.
SnowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,502
Default

Watch also " Deeper" (JJones) and "this is my winter" by Xdela Rue. TIMW has the scariest first 3 min ever.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom88 View Post
Anybody seen this display of insanity yet?

I bought it this past Monday and have watched it twice already, about to watch it for a third time too! I definitely think this is one of the better snowboarding flick's I have seen in awhile. The footage and scope of the mountains they were climbing/ riding were absolutely breathtaking. Jeremy Jones definitely is dedicated to the love of snowboarding. I feel he is one of only a few exemplars of the snowboarding realm who strives to have as little impact on the environment when he makes these trips. A true quality example.

I mean, who else would ride a snowmobile for 30 hours so as not to use a plane or helicopter to arrive on scene?
__________________
2013/14 -12- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
tomtom88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRKRIDER View Post
Watch also " Deeper" (JJones) and "this is my winter" by Xdela Rue. TIMW has the scariest first 3 min ever.
I knew this was part of a trilogy, I really need to watch deeper if it's anything like this, can't wait for the anthology to come out next season, hopefully!
__________________
Take yourself to higher places.
tomtom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
tomtom88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Default

Now that I have looked it up, I remember watching a short video on de la Rue, quite some talent.
__________________
Take yourself to higher places.
tomtom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
tomtom88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,639
Default

Just finished watching TIMW, jaw was dropped just about the whole time. Did I hear correct? @18:11 de la Rue says he doesn't like snowboarding anymore?
__________________
Take yourself to higher places.
tomtom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums