Black friday blowouts - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ARSENALFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Black friday blowouts

My Yankee friends to the south have this thing called "Black Friday" which I never quite understood. All I know, according to CNBC, is that if the stores don't sell alot of shit this Friday there will be another recession or continuation of the recession that has never ended (slight sarc). So do you expect any hot deals on snowboarding equipment? What sites do you recommend? Us Canucks would like to help out your economy. Will I be able to pick up a Hovercraft at 50% off? LOL!
ARSENALFAN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
 
atr3yu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nelson, BC
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
My Yankee friends to the south have this thing called "Black Friday" which I never quite understood. All I know, according to CNBC, is that if the stores don't sell alot of shit this Friday there will be another recession or continuation of the recession that has never ended (slight sarc). So do you expect any hot deals on snowboarding equipment? What sites do you recommend? Us Canucks would like to help out your economy. Will I be able to pick up a Hovercraft at 50% off? LOL!
Agreed, my colourful money wants a home down south!
atr3yu is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 464
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Its simple. Black Friday has become the unofficial "official" start of the holiday shopping season. It used to be that this was the day the retail companies would start turning a profit aka "in the black". Now its become more of a tradition, with extreme blowout deals and stores opening at 4 to 5 am. Now retailers are opening up at midnight. People line up to get door buster deals that are even better than the advertised ones which are limited so you get the lines. Now they have "Cyber Mondays" where online retailers are claiming fame to insane "E" deals. I've seen the-house.com advertising Black Friday deals, but haven't looked to see what they were. I used to work at Best Buy part time and it was always interesting watching people scramble to get the best deal...
sleev-les is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 06:16 AM
Veteran Member
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 5,327
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
idk but the timing is wrong....start of the snowy season, hills opening up...if you don't have yo stuff by now they can charge full price cause you want to get on the hill.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wrathfuldeity is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
For Canucks meltdown in Kitchener and Toronto has 20 per cent off everything plus some specific half off deals hourly on Friday.
Lamps is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Member
 
Chandler789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
Its simple. Black Friday has become the unofficial "official" start of the holiday shopping season. It used to be that this was the day the retail companies would start turning a profit aka "in the black". Now its become more of a tradition, with extreme blowout deals and stores opening at 4 to 5 am. Now retailers are opening up at midnight. People line up to get door buster deals that are even better than the advertised ones which are limited so you get the lines. Now they have "Cyber Mondays" where online retailers are claiming fame to insane "E" deals. I've seen the-house.com advertising Black Friday deals, but haven't looked to see what they were. I used to work at Best Buy part time and it was always interesting watching people scramble to get the best deal...
Most companies operate with no profits the entire year until the end of November, thus the name Black Friday (Red to black figures on their books).

The one shop around me will definitely not be having a sale. That owner is far to cheap.

Cyber Monday is always something to look forward to though.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Not a moderator pal, Im an Admin. I handle technical aspects of the forum. The mods are the E police here. I am just a tech guy so get off your lecturing high horse about "my repsonsibilities as a moderator" your`e barking up the wrong tree......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chandler789 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hates Black Friday. I hates it. At this point its trespassing on the one the best holidays. How can you enjoy family and friends if you have to GET IN LINE AT 12 AM on Friday morning?

Sure the deals are good but the whole timing and attitude of the whole thing is stupid.
sheepstealer is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
I hates Black Friday. I hates it. At this point its trespassing on the one the best holidays. How can you enjoy family and friends if you have to GET IN LINE AT 12 AM on Friday morning?

Sure the deals are good but the whole timing and attitude of the whole thing is stupid.
Live up here in Canada where thanksgiving is October where it belongs...
Lamps is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
 
LuckyRVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
I hates Black Friday. I hates it. At this point its trespassing on the one the best holidays. How can you enjoy family and friends if you have to GET IN LINE AT 12 AM on Friday morning?

Sure the deals are good but the whole timing and attitude of the whole thing is stupid.
Totally agree, I have never particpated and have no plans to. However, I always love watching the news the day after and seeing dumbasses trample each other for a $50 blue-ray player.
LuckyRVA is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 5,327
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Ya'll should be riding on Black Friday...hunting for the stashes....that's what I plan on doing.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wrathfuldeity is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome