The Art of Flight Series (the making of) - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
UNION INHOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SEATTLE, WA & COLICO, ITALY
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
Yep, that's how some of them are are.
Especially Travis Rice, who happens to be in that movie. His Supernatural contest convinced me that he's a "spoiled little douche". I bet he likes rusty spoons.

There are others, though, who are actually really nice and smart people...
Such as Scott Stevens and Jeremy Jones, who are my 2 favorite pros.

Stevens is cool because he's just a flat-out decent person who's not trying to show off or anything, just have fun. He has a great attitude, and at the same time he's by far the best urban/park riders I've ever seen. I swear he's a jedi or a ninja or something.

Jones is also awesome because he doesn't just rely on a helicopter to get around and to him it isn't just about tricks. He actually hikes and climbs the mountains, and then sends it. He's in it not just for the shredding but everything else: the adventure, the backcountry, the friends, the memories. He is a true backcountry rider.

Art of Flight has nothin on these guys!
You're right about Scott and Jeremy, but couldn't be further from the truth with Travis. That dude is 100% ego free, and works harder than anybody I know.
UNION INHOUSE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Senior Member
 
cd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonavenger View Post
jed don't bother trying to understand this guy he's a 37 douche bag that made horrible choices in life and hasn't found freedom from those bad choices that he made. Snowboarding could be an outlet but as he doesn't understand it or the work the pros take to do it he'll sit here pissed off having never actually ridden and try to talk shit.

When you put down a 100 day season there buddy talk to me about the gripes these guys have.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh dayum
cd21 is offline  
post #53 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
That literally made me facepalm. Judging someone because of their age and their opinions. You just sound like some pissed off kid who goes around trying to get attention on the internet.

Get a life, douche.
Well pretty sure my life > your vacation.

When you actually snowboard we'll talk junior but as it stands you two dogs should stop cyber humping each other pretending to play alpha dogs.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #54 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
OldDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern BC
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's not about whether or not you are "nice" to some fan-boy who is trying to suck you off. It's about whining about how hard your job is as a pro snowboarder. It's about bragging about how much money you spend on alcohol and firearms on a show that kids who idolize you watch. It's about tossing around loaded firearms while drinking, it's about being spoiled douche bags in general. It's about affected speech patterns that are associated with an activity (woah totally gnarly man...).

Meh, whatever... This is like complaining about criminals in a prison. I should really learn to recognize my audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
I really don't understand your stance Olddog.

You talked about pro snowboarders being douchey, so some other posters talked about examples of the big pros they'd met who were nice guys and you say they're name dropping? That makes no sense.

Also, just because some pros like to have fun and screw around when they film filler clips, doesn't means these guys don't understand how lucky they are to be doing what they do.

Don't watch a 5 minute segment that was meant to be for fun and think that's the in-depth look into the full lifestyle of a pro snowboarder. That'd be like reading the first page of a book and assuming you know the entire story.
OldDog is offline  
post #55 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
OldDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern BC
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
That literally made me facepalm. Judging someone because of their age and their opinions. You just sound like some pissed off kid who goes around trying to get attention on the internet.

Get a life, douche.
That was kinda my take yeah...
OldDog is offline  
post #56 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
It's not about whether or not you are "nice" to some fan-boy who is trying to suck you off. It's about whining about how hard your job is as a pro snowboarder. It's about bragging about how much money you spend on alcohol and firearms on a show that kids who idolize you watch. It's about tossing around loaded firearms while drinking, it's about being spoiled douche bags in general. It's about affected speech patterns that are associated with an activity (woah totally gnarly man...).

Meh, whatever... This is like complaining about criminals in a prison. I should really learn to recognize my audience.
No this is the response from someone that has never snowboarded a day in their life, never hiked for their turns, never seen someone die in an avalanche. In short this is the response from some asshole that has no idea the dangers, efforts, training, injuries, etc. put in for a 10 second clip of them riding a face.

I'll say it and I'm not ashamed. You represent everything that is wrong with how WE are perceived because you never did shit like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #57 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
cd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
No this is the response from someone that has never snowboarded a day in their life, never hiked for their turns, never seen someone die in an avalanche. In short this is the response from some asshole that has no idea the dangers, efforts, training, injuries, etc. put in for a 10 second clip of them riding a face.

I'll say it and I'm not ashamed. You represent everything that is wrong with how WE are perceived because you never did shit like this.
People think it's so easy because the pros make it look so easy People look and go i'm gonna be the next Craig Kelly(if they even know who that is)
cd21 is offline  
post #58 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd21 View Post
People think it's so easy because the pros make it look so easy People look and go i'm gonna be the next Craig Kelly(if they even know who that is)
I don't think anyone has said I'll be the next Craig in forever. Next Shaun definitely.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #59 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Senior Member
 
cd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I don't think anyone has said I'll be the next Craig in forever. Next Shaun definitely.
wasn't dissing you I was saying people who have never ridden think that
cd21 is offline  
post #60 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 PM
The Rooster King
 
ShredLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,811
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
i'm gonna be the next boozy the clown
ShredLife is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome