Snowboarder found alive!! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,519
Default

Had one attached to my outer shell since I started.... luckily I never had to use it.
__________________
2013/14 -12- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 2,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
That's not a bad idea, FOX 40 could save a world of pain
He would have been found, probably in the first few hours.

I have a hunch dogs might hear it


TT

In all fairness, I go in that area every time I'm able too.
2 weeks ago, after riding a little ways out there. I turned to hike back in, which should have been 10 min max. It was such a white out blizzard though, I hiked from one out of bounds area, right across the run I was looking for, into a different out of bounds area.

My binding exploded whilst I was using my board to climb, going up a really steep section. That added some time. My 10min hike took 45min, that had me a bit confused.

Finally I seen an orange snow fence, holy shit though, I was so tired I just flopped over it. Wouldn't ya know it, 2 ski patrol sweepin' up Skychair.
They were cool, luckily.

So the red line was my route.
After going out of bounds skiers right, I was just trying to get to the yellow line & then follow it down.

Right now though, or @ least 2 weeks ago. That area doesn't look anything like the map.
The wide open runs, aren't wide open, cause all the little trees, logs, cliffs & waterfalls haven't been buried yet.

I have a little video of the fog rollin' in, I have to upload it yet.
It's pretty trippy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2weeks ago.jpg (52.0 KB, 121 views)
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
He would have been found, probably in the first few hours.

I have a hunch dogs might hear it


TT

In all fairness, I go in that area every time I'm able too.
2 weeks ago, after riding a little ways out there. I turned to hike back in, which should have been 10 min max. It was such a white out blizzard though, I hiked from one out of bounds area, right across the run I was looking for, into a different out of bounds area.

My binding exploded whilst I was using my board to climb, going up a really steep section. That added some time. My 10min hike took 45min, that had me a bit confused.

Finally I seen an orange snow fence, holy shit though, I was so tired I just flopped over it. Wouldn't ya know it, 2 ski patrol sweepin' up Skychair.
They were cool, luckily.

So the red line was my route.
After going out of bounds skiers right, I was just trying to get to the yellow line & then follow it down.

Right now though, or @ least 2 weeks ago. That area doesn't look anything like the map.
The wide open runs, aren't wide open, cause all the little trees, logs, cliffs & waterfalls haven't been buried yet.

I have a little video of the fog rollin' in, I have to upload it yet.
It's pretty trippy.
DUDE>>>>please remove that map........you are going to fuck things up for the rest of us.
deepcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Fiziks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcove View Post
DUDE>>>>please remove that map........you are going to fuck things up for the rest of us.
I apologize for my ignorance, but why was it an issue when he posted the map? I'm fairly new here and don't want to make mistakes, so I wanted to understand why this was a big deal.
Fiziks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
mjd
Senior Member
 
mjd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: neverbored RI
Posts: 375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiziks View Post
I apologize for my ignorance, but why was it an issue when he posted the map? I'm fairly new here and don't want to make mistakes, so I wanted to understand why this was a big deal.
he thinks we're all going to hop on a plane and poach his private mountain.
__________________
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
mjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
KIRKRIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,519
Default

Rescued B.C. snowboarder to get $10K bill
__________________
2013/14 -12- Kirkwood days
Arbor A-Frame 158 2009-10
Jeremy Jones Hovercraft 156, 2011/12
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 2,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcove View Post
DUDE>>>>please remove that map........you are going to fuck things up for the rest of us.
What are you talking about?

That doesn't make any sense, any info @ all regarding the out of bounds area @ Cypress, is good info.

TT
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 2,231
Default

It's not like I'm telling people to go for it. People will continue to go there, no matter what I say or write.

They should @ least be aware of what they're in for.

TT
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Default

hes very lucky
haxmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TorpedoVegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 394
Default

That guys excuse about how he got lost because he was distracted by the loss of a friend is the weakest story ever... If you're that sad why are you snowboarding. I guess we should just expect crazy stories and excuses from the director of finance at the National Bank of Canada, he probably doesn't know the difference between reality and fiction anymore anyways... I like the part about the ziplock urine bag... That might come in handy.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums