Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
-   -   Went Snowboarding for the first time yesterday (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/52515-went-snowboarding-first-time-yesterday.html)

Easto 12-21-2012 08:28 AM

Went Snowboarding for the first time yesterday
 
I have skied a number of times at the point where I get down all the hills I want to get down without issue. The last few times I have been out I see guys snowboarding and it seems more fun, so I decided I am going to take up snowboarding.

I jumped in with both feet ... I bought my own gear over the summer.

My wife and I both went yesterday for the first time and we had a blast. I am now in the market for equipment for her.

We took an hour lesson as soon as the hill opened which was a huge help.

I have watched a bunch of snowboarding tutorials to get the gist of turns, etc so I had a bit of knowledge going in. It put me way a head of the game.

I found these helped me a lot: Free Learn to Snowboard Videos | SnowProfessor

onel0wcubn 12-21-2012 09:23 AM

Welcome to the dark side :) Glad you two enjoyed it.. Tip from a vet.. Don't try to teach your wife.. that always ends up in arguments lol. Get her in some lessons and call it a day!!!

How tall is she? I have a board that we bought for my wife last year that we never used that I want to sell...

Currently have it on ebay..

timmytard 12-21-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onel0wcubn (Post 555478)
Welcome to the dark side :) Glad you two enjoyed it.. Tip from a vet.. Don't try to teach your wife.. that always ends up in arguments lol. Get her in some lessons and call it a day!!!

How tall is she? I have a board that we bought for my wife last year that we never used that I want to sell...

Currently have it on ebay..

I agree don't teach her yourself.

TT

Easto 12-21-2012 09:42 AM

I can't teach her, I am still learning. She is going to take some more lessons.

KIRKRIDER 12-21-2012 09:43 AM

Welcome! Learning is half the fun. Avoid icy runs in the morning, buy protections WHILE you learn, (not after you fall) and make sure to get on powder! that's what the board is for!




Quote:

Originally Posted by Easto (Post 555463)
I have skied a number of times at the point where I get down all the hills I want to get down without issue. The last few times I have been out I see guys snowboarding and it seems more fun, so I decided I am going to take up snowboarding.

I jumped in with both feet ... I bought my own gear over the summer.

My wife and I both went yesterday for the first time and we had a blast. I am now in the market for equipment for her.

We took an hour lesson as soon as the hill opened which was a huge help.

I have watched a bunch of snowboarding tutorials to get the gist of turns, etc so I had a bit of knowledge going in. It put me way a head of the game.

I found these helped me a lot: Free Learn to Snowboard Videos | SnowProfessor


Easto 12-21-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onel0wcubn (Post 555478)
Welcome to the dark side :)

How tall is she? I have a board that we bought for my wife last year that we never used that I want to sell...

Currently have it on ebay..

She is 5'2" , 140 lbs. size 6.5 boot

I was looking at picking her up a Nitro Lectra 149 cm

onel0wcubn 12-21-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easto (Post 555489)
I can't teach her, I am still learning. She is going to take some more lessons.

in that case have fun while you can with her in the lessons! :yahoo:

I have a board for you too depending on your size..

both of the ones i have are brand new in plastic

onel0wcubn 12-21-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easto (Post 555494)
She is 5'2" , 140 lbs. size 6.5 boot

I was looking at picking her up a Nitro Lectra 149 cm

149 might be a little big for her first board. It will be a lot more stable but I would shoot for a 147..

I started my wife on a shorter board (146) then put her on a 149 that shes on now and that seemed to help alot. Shes 5'6" 150


The board i have is a O-matic Disco.. 150

Easto 12-21-2012 10:04 AM

better option?

2012 Nitro Lectra Colorband 146cm Snowboard

onel0wcubn 12-21-2012 10:12 AM

You set on Nitro boards?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2