New ebook about the life of a chalet host - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaletBoy1980 View Post
I literally don't even know what that means. And proud of it.

As I've said, read the book, don't read the book - I'm really not fussed. What worries me more is the level of ferocity and anger you lot feel towards something so very little! At the end of the day I'm a grown man who can very easily brush this sort of thing off from people very happy to hide behind computer screens laughing at their own insults and giving themselves a hearty pat on the back for every new one they come up with as their ego is boosted by their soaring post rate.

I received a PM from a 12 year old kid yesterday who had been on the receiving end of a similar pack-like written assault merely for starting a new thread about a new pair of goggles he had gotten and wanted to share how stoked he was with like-minded people! He got well and truly slated for it and I'm guessing that none of the idiots that took part even once thought about how old he might be or how those comments might affect someone of that age. Isn't the point of forums exactly that, for folk like him to come on and chat about his passion with those who share it rather than having to fend off people like you guys who for some reason take such extreme offence to a post about a pair of goggles?

The thing that got me the most about the PM, though, was that the kid was asking me to stick around and contribute to the board in the future. He, a 12 year old boy who you had all rounded on, was mature enough to see past all that and still maintained that people, for the most part on here, are nice. I'm sure I'll get some filth-laden response which, once again, showcases the socio-economic level of some of the folk we are dealing with on here but hopefully it might encourage some of you to relax a little bit... If the mods or admin are reading this - maybe its time to have a word before the site ends up on the news as another story of some poor little kid getting driven to doing something drastic over comments made by some self-righteous, small-dicked prick like BA!
Obviously you can't just "brush it off" and continue on with your life or you would not be posting here, trying your hardest to get the last word. You talk about people casting insults from behind computer screens, but are you not doing that very same thing in retaliation?
As for the twelve year old, how is that our responsibility? Most forums say that you have to be a minimum to sign up, however i am not sure about this one. If I recall correctly, i would'nt be surprised if he was the one who got the 600$ HUD goggles.
So, to recap: You come on here to get free advertising for something you are selling, people call you out because you are a wanker, you insult them back while calling them juvenile because they are "hiding" behind their computers when you are doing the same thing.
PS: I was "bullied" as a kid, but i got over it. If a teenager decides to commit suicide/go on a killing spree, then that is on them and NO ONE ELSE, so don't even go there.
Whoracle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaletBoy1980 View Post
I received a PM from a 12 year old kid yesterday who had been on the receiving end of a similar pack-like written assault merely for starting a new thread about a new pair of goggles he had gotten and wanted to share how stoked he was with like-minded people!


Please quote thread because I'm calling bullshit on this one.
bseracka is offline  
post #43 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BTW it's pretty weird for a 31 year old to be pm'ing with a 12 year old. When you meet, be sure to check for police and camera crews in the area first.
bseracka is offline  
post #44 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
grafta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaletBoy1980 View Post
I'm sure I'll get some filth-laden response which, once again, showcases the socio-economic level of some of the folk we are dealing with on here but hopefully it might encourage some of you to relax a little bit...
Wow, you were already making a fool of yourself but that's a new low...
grafta is offline  
post #45 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
Wow, you were already making a fool of yourself but that's a new low...
Well we know where that puts you then - you need some help to understand what it means?
ChaletBoy1980 is offline  
post #46 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaletBoy1980 View Post
Well we know where that puts you then - you need some help to understand what it means?
considering you lived as a "snowboard bum" and are apparently quite proud of that fact I don't think it's very prudent to make judgements about anyone using their "socio economic level" as a veiled insult to their intelligence.

Actually, maybe you don't know what it means, can you please clarify this statement?

Quote:
.....filth-laden response which, once again, showcases the socio-economic level of some of the folk we are dealing with

Are you saying that people here are not wealthy ergo low class or blue collar types? And what exactly does ones income level and/or economic status have to do with "spewing filth" on a forum? Are you saying poor people are filthy mouthed? Or maybe you're saying we're a bunch of rich wankers? Im quite confused.

you know people who make all that porn you're downloading in your moms basement are probably richer then you'll ever be. What what?

if a cat fucked a shark, the babies would be called women. snowklinger

Last edited by mixie; 12-27-2012 at 04:19 PM.
mixie is offline  
post #47 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry View Post
How could goggles be 600 dollars? What brand are they I need to see this!

i thought the new name for goggles was eye muffs? Or was that a different thread? I need to pay better attention!

if a cat fucked a shark, the babies would be called women. snowklinger
mixie is offline  
post #48 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,933
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
i thought the new name for goggles was eye muffs? Or was that a different thread? I need to pay better attention!
you're an eye muff

Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline  
post #49 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
Obviously you can't just "brush it off" and continue on with your life or you would not be posting here, trying your hardest to get the last word. You talk about people casting insults from behind computer screens, but are you not doing that very same thing in retaliation?
As for the twelve year old, how is that our responsibility? Most forums say that you have to be a minimum to sign up, however i am not sure about this one. If I recall correctly, i would'nt be surprised if he was the one who got the 600$ HUD goggles.
So, to recap: You come on here to get free advertising for something you are selling, people call you out because you are a wanker, you insult them back while calling them juvenile because they are "hiding" behind their computers when you are doing the same thing.
PS: I was "bullied" as a kid, but i got over it. If a teenager decides to commit suicide/go on a killing spree, then that is on them and NO ONE ELSE, so don't even go there.
How is it not your responsibility to censor what you say to someone who hasn't even reached his teens yet? Over a post about some goggles? As someone who has apparently suffered from bullying (not sure what form yours took since it was in speech marks) surely you can understand how irrational and unnecessary it is?

In regards to hiding behind a computer screen, I would gladly meet up with anyone on here to discuss it face to face. Maybe somewhere half way but then I reckon most those posting this crap won't have passports...
ChaletBoy1980 is offline  
post #50 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaletBoy1980 View Post
How is it not your responsibility to censor what you say to someone who hasn't even reached his teens yet? Over a post about some goggles? As someone who has apparently suffered from bullying (not sure what form yours took since it was in speech marks) surely you can understand how irrational and unnecessary it is?

In regards to hiding behind a computer screen, I would gladly meet up with anyone on here to discuss it face to face. Maybe somewhere half way but then I reckon most those posting this crap won't have passports...
It is not my responsibility, because his PARENTS should be censoring what he VIEWS. I know at 12 I wasn't allowed to use the computer unsupervised, and surely was not allowed to register for a message board (that probably has an age requirement). I am not saying that there arent quite a few people here who could stand to tone it down, but there is such a thing as free speech, and you should monitor yourself/children and not rely on others to be perfect upstanding moral citizens.
The reason I put bullied in quotes is because I was not endlessly tormented, nor beat up, but I had very few friends and was made fun of for being overweight in junior high and highschool. Bullying these days is usually quite a bit worse with all the social media. Instead of wallowing in it though, i ignored it and didn't go around the people. If this twelve year old didnt like the responses from others he could have left, no one was tracking his facebook page, or making threatening phonecalls to his house.
Whoracle is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
alps, chalet, ski, snowboarding

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome