Strangest people/conversations you remember while riding on the chair? - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #41 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
(Mixie. ...genuinely sorry if I creeped u out for real!!! Can I still b your secret interwebz stalker?? )

you only wish you could creep me out....keep trying old man.


I have had sooo many WTF convos on the chair--I wish I could remember them all to post here....
__________________
if a cat fucked a shark, the babies would be called women. snowklinger
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore10 View Post
But due to the fact i fucked my knee up and cant get outta the house i just cruise the fourm cause its the closet ill get to snowboarding this year.
Really? That's sad, I feel really sorry for you man. I know I'd literally go insane if I found out I couldn't go snowboarding for the rest of the season!

Now I'm really glad I bought those Demon Soft-cap knee guards. I temporarily messed up my knee in a dirt bike crash over a year ago. All last season when snowboarding I had to wear a home-made soft cap knee pad on my right knee due to it becoming more sensitive to pain on impact than my other knee, which was fine. It's better now though, but this season I decided to buy a set of legitimate snowboarding knee pads anyway, which are much better. I've already taken a few hits in the park and have been fine!

Hope you get recover soon!
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gmore10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: the 410
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
Really? That's sad, I feel really sorry for you man. I know I'd literally go insane if I found out I couldn't go snowboarding for the rest of the season!

Now I'm really glad I bought those Demon Soft-cap knee guards. I temporarily messed up my knee in a dirt bike crash over a year ago. All last season when snowboarding I had to wear a home-made soft cap knee pad on my right knee due to it becoming more sensitive to pain on impact than my other knee, which was fine. It's better now though, but this season I decided to buy a set of legitimate snowboarding knee pads anyway, which are much better. I've already taken a few hits in the park and have been fine!

Hope you get recover soon!
Whatcha ride? i gotta sell mine now. IT is what it is man, fun fact trees are a bitch. Im just glad i get to ride again at first my doc said there was a chance id never board again, but hey i stay positive ill be out there next year. Now i gotta get use to the idea of having to do all sports with a knee brace. worst part is i didnt even get to touch the snow this year.
__________________
when your a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room just for fun

Last edited by gmore10; 01-11-2013 at 09:12 PM.
gmore10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore10 View Post
Whatcha ride? i gotta sell mine now. IT is what it is man, fun fact trees are a bitch. Im just glad i get to ride again at first my doc said there was a chance id never board again, but hey i stay positive ill be out there next year. Now i gotta get use to the idea of having to do all sports with a knee brace. worst part is i didnt even get to touch the snow this year.
So, how exactly did you damage your knee?
__________________
This is a tasty burger.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gmore10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: the 410
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
So, how exactly did you damage your knee?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sla...ee-injury.html what type of dirtbike you ride 250, 450?
__________________
when your a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room just for fun
gmore10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Gdog42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 408
Default

I don't have a dirt bike or ride often. When I crashed it was at a friend's place who let me borrow the bike, and then me and another guy got into a bit of a race...
That was actually my first time and I haven't really done it since. Although I crashed, it was really fun and I'd like to try it again some time.
Gdog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
gmore10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: the 410
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
I don't have a dirt bike or ride often. When I crashed it was at a friend's place who let me borrow the bike, and then me and another guy got into a bit of a race...
That was actually my first time and I haven't really done it since. Although I crashed, it was really fun and I'd like to try it again some time.
there so much fun i reside in annapolis md so i used to ride at travis patrannas house every now and then, course he is never home either.
__________________
when your a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room just for fun
gmore10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #48 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
 
poutanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Thanks for the good word guy's!! I appreciate the vote of confidence regarding my reputation!!

(...I'll have the money wired to your accounts by end of business Mon.!)
It's alright man it was pick on me last week and you're in the sights this week!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
My weirdest ride was with some skier in his 40s or so who spent the whole time ranting about snowboards and snowboarders. He was serious too, this guy should be at Alta. Seymour's generally pretty mellow (forum skier-hating threads notwithstanding) so this was kind of shocking to me -- and it's really the only time I've ever encountered the hating like that.

I got a small bit of revenge at the top though. He had all snowboarders pegged as a bunch of young punks and obviously thought he was landing verbal haymakers on me. So near the top of the lift I put up my goggles so he could see the gray hair and crowsfeet, and I just smiled at him. Didn't hear another word.
I get this alot when I ski. I feel like a double agent. Then I take a lunch break and switch to my board, and the SAME guy who was ranting about boards looked at me and just kept to himself on the lift. You could tell he was very confused because he could have SWORN he saw me on skis moments ago!
__________________
Say NO to GMO!
http://www.saynotogmos.org/
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,537
Blog Entries: 214
Default

I have changed my sig based on a convo I overheard this morning where some blowhard was "educating" his friend on snowboarding lingo.

I couldn't say anything. I just couldn't. I was totally speechless.
__________________

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums