Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
-   -   Strangest people/conversations you remember while riding on the chair? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/53021-strangest-people-conversations-you-remember-while.html)

MarshallV82 01-03-2013 04:17 PM

Strangest people/conversations you remember while riding on the chair?
 
I have a couple to start it off!

Went up the chairlift with a couple guys at Keystone, I shut off music and said "What's up guys?" They just kinda kept talking to each other and ignored me, which is fine by me. Then about halfway up the chair they kinda start making out, nothing crazy but a lot of heavy petting going on between a couple definite dudes. I'm a pretty progressive guy, but come on! It was a pretty awkward ride up.


I rode up a chair in Bridger Bowl with a british skier who randomly freaked the fuck out and lost his mind due to heights I guess. He already kinda pissed me off when we started out because he pinched the fuck out of my leg with the damn bar. I had keep telling him to just look at me the whole time, told him how to get off the chair, talked to him like he was a new skier (We were on the chair to the North Bowl). He sits on the bench for 10 mins or so while I'm waiting on my buddies. All the sudden he proceeds to go down a double black and he kills it, haha. :icon_scratch:

BurtonAvenger 01-03-2013 04:50 PM

I like to make it as awkward as possible for people that I'm forced to ride the chairlift with. Moms don't like it when you talk about fist fucking hookers.

que 01-03-2013 05:07 PM

a good start to an interesting thread. that had to be weird seeing him rip up a double black after that hahahha

BlackhawkDriver 01-03-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshallV82 (Post 560762)
I have a couple to start it off!

Went up the chairlift with a couple guys at Keystone, I shut off music and said "What's up guys?" They just kinda kept talking to each other and ignored me, which is fine by me. Then about halfway up the chair they kinda start making out, nothing crazy but a lot of heavy petting going on between a couple definite dudes. I'm a pretty progressive guy, but come on! It was a pretty awkward ride up.


I rode up a chair in Bridger Bowl with a british skier who randomly freaked the fuck out and lost his mind due to heights I guess. He already kinda pissed me off when we started out because he pinched the fuck out of my leg with the damn bar. I had keep telling him to just look at me the whole time, told him how to get off the chair, talked to him like he was a new skier (We were on the chair to the North Bowl). He sits on the bench for 10 mins or so while I'm waiting on my buddies. All the sudden he proceeds to go down a double black and he kills it, haha. :icon_scratch:

Two dudes making out next to me on lift would be really uncomfortable, a dude making out with a chick on the lift pretty awkward, two chicks makin out and i'm not getting off the lift haha. And it seems the british dude was fucking with you pretty hardcore tho.

NoOtherOptions 01-03-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by que (Post 560781)
a good start to an interesting thread. that had to be weird seeing him rip up a double black after that hahahha

Damnit my post got deleted. Anyway, I hate lifts so maybe he just has an issue with lifts. Going down a steep ass black? No issues. I despise lifts when they rock alot because of the stop/start from some scrub eating shit. I don't know why, I think it's just the lack of control.

Anyway, my oddest convo was with this girl who appeared to be in her early 20s just railing on snowboarders and drinking on the slopes. Odd part was she was a boarder, seemed to be self hating.

RedRomo 01-03-2013 05:36 PM

I was just starting out boarding (maybe my 3rd time up) and I was riding alone, waiting in line when this dad with two little girls asks if his daughter could ride up with me. I say sure...why not. This little girl talked non-stop the entire way up the mountain. ..and I mean non-stop. Then, right at the end she gets really quiet, looks over at me and says, "I'm not very good at getting off the lift." ...so I'm think, great..neither am I. As soon as we start to get off the lift she shoves me in the back and wipes me out, then skiis off to her dad and sister leaving me there to untangle myself from the out-of-bounds net. :dunno:

JeffreyCH 01-03-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRomo (Post 560794)
I was just starting out boarding (maybe my 3rd time up) and I was riding alone, waiting in line when this dad with two little girls asks if his daughter could ride up with me. I say sure...why not. This little girl talked non-stop the entire way up the mountain. ..and I mean non-stop. Then, right at the end she gets really quiet, looks over at me and says, "I'm not very good at getting off the lift." ...so I'm think, great..neither am I. As soon as we start to get off the lift she shoves me in the back and wipes me out, then skiis off to her dad and sister leaving me there to untangle myself from the out-of-bounds net. :dunno:

Not sure why....but the mental image of that almost made me spit beer all over my monitor. :laugh::laugh:

C.B. 01-03-2013 06:07 PM

At giants ridge, in bum fuck nowhere minnesota, I caught a lift with a Danish guy that I happened to have mutual friends with, in fucking Denmark. This world is small.

eli783 01-03-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRomo (Post 560794)
I was just starting out boarding (maybe my 3rd time up) and I was riding alone, waiting in line when this dad with two little girls asks if his daughter could ride up with me. I say sure...why not. This little girl talked non-stop the entire way up the mountain. ..and I mean non-stop. Then, right at the end she gets really quiet, looks over at me and says, "I'm not very good at getting off the lift." ...so I'm think, great..neither am I. As soon as we start to get off the lift she shoves me in the back and wipes me out, then skiis off to her dad and sister leaving me there to untangle myself from the out-of-bounds net. :dunno:

LOL after two yrs of riding together, my riding buddy STILL does that shit to me. We kinda wrestle for who will ride on the left lol. A couple of yrs ago a kid pissed his pants on the way up. Thing is I ride out east and our lift rides are like 10 mins tops. I felt bad for the lil guy since he was wearing beige pants and anyone with half a brain could see he pissed himself.

Donutz 01-03-2013 08:49 PM

My weirdest ride was with some skier in his 40s or so who spent the whole time ranting about snowboards and snowboarders. He was serious too, this guy should be at Alta. Seymour's generally pretty mellow (forum skier-hating threads notwithstanding) so this was kind of shocking to me -- and it's really the only time I've ever encountered the hating like that.

I got a small bit of revenge at the top though. He had all snowboarders pegged as a bunch of young punks and obviously thought he was landing verbal haymakers on me. So near the top of the lift I put up my goggles so he could see the gray hair and crowsfeet, and I just smiled at him. Didn't hear another word.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2