Strangest people/conversations you remember while riding on the chair? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MarshallV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Strangest people/conversations you remember while riding on the chair?

I have a couple to start it off!

Went up the chairlift with a couple guys at Keystone, I shut off music and said "What's up guys?" They just kinda kept talking to each other and ignored me, which is fine by me. Then about halfway up the chair they kinda start making out, nothing crazy but a lot of heavy petting going on between a couple definite dudes. I'm a pretty progressive guy, but come on! It was a pretty awkward ride up.


I rode up a chair in Bridger Bowl with a british skier who randomly freaked the fuck out and lost his mind due to heights I guess. He already kinda pissed me off when we started out because he pinched the fuck out of my leg with the damn bar. I had keep telling him to just look at me the whole time, told him how to get off the chair, talked to him like he was a new skier (We were on the chair to the North Bowl). He sits on the bench for 10 mins or so while I'm waiting on my buddies. All the sudden he proceeds to go down a double black and he kills it, haha.
MarshallV82 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mountains
Posts: 11,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I like to make it as awkward as possible for people that I'm forced to ride the chairlift with. Moms don't like it when you talk about fist fucking hookers.

Angry Snowboarder Because someone has to call it how they see it!
BurtonAvenger is offline  
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM
que
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Greensburg, Pa
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
a good start to an interesting thread. that had to be weird seeing him rip up a double black after that hahahha
que is offline  
post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Korea
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
I have a couple to start it off!

Went up the chairlift with a couple guys at Keystone, I shut off music and said "What's up guys?" They just kinda kept talking to each other and ignored me, which is fine by me. Then about halfway up the chair they kinda start making out, nothing crazy but a lot of heavy petting going on between a couple definite dudes. I'm a pretty progressive guy, but come on! It was a pretty awkward ride up.


I rode up a chair in Bridger Bowl with a british skier who randomly freaked the fuck out and lost his mind due to heights I guess. He already kinda pissed me off when we started out because he pinched the fuck out of my leg with the damn bar. I had keep telling him to just look at me the whole time, told him how to get off the chair, talked to him like he was a new skier (We were on the chair to the North Bowl). He sits on the bench for 10 mins or so while I'm waiting on my buddies. All the sudden he proceeds to go down a double black and he kills it, haha.
Two dudes making out next to me on lift would be really uncomfortable, a dude making out with a chick on the lift pretty awkward, two chicks makin out and i'm not getting off the lift haha. And it seems the british dude was fucking with you pretty hardcore tho.
BlackhawkDriver is offline  
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by que View Post
a good start to an interesting thread. that had to be weird seeing him rip up a double black after that hahahha
Damnit my post got deleted. Anyway, I hate lifts so maybe he just has an issue with lifts. Going down a steep ass black? No issues. I despise lifts when they rock alot because of the stop/start from some scrub eating shit. I don't know why, I think it's just the lack of control.

Anyway, my oddest convo was with this girl who appeared to be in her early 20s just railing on snowboarders and drinking on the slopes. Odd part was she was a boarder, seemed to be self hating.
NoOtherOptions is offline  
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
RedRomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just starting out boarding (maybe my 3rd time up) and I was riding alone, waiting in line when this dad with two little girls asks if his daughter could ride up with me. I say sure...why not. This little girl talked non-stop the entire way up the mountain. ..and I mean non-stop. Then, right at the end she gets really quiet, looks over at me and says, "I'm not very good at getting off the lift." ...so I'm think, great..neither am I. As soon as we start to get off the lift she shoves me in the back and wipes me out, then skiis off to her dad and sister leaving me there to untangle myself from the out-of-bounds net.
RedRomo is offline  
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Coal creek canyon, Co
Posts: 1,497
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRomo View Post
I was just starting out boarding (maybe my 3rd time up) and I was riding alone, waiting in line when this dad with two little girls asks if his daughter could ride up with me. I say sure...why not. This little girl talked non-stop the entire way up the mountain. ..and I mean non-stop. Then, right at the end she gets really quiet, looks over at me and says, "I'm not very good at getting off the lift." ...so I'm think, great..neither am I. As soon as we start to get off the lift she shoves me in the back and wipes me out, then skiis off to her dad and sister leaving me there to untangle myself from the out-of-bounds net.
Not sure why....but the mental image of that almost made me spit beer all over my monitor.

JeffreyCH is offline  
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Senior Member
 
C.B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern MN
Posts: 339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At giants ridge, in bum fuck nowhere minnesota, I caught a lift with a Danish guy that I happened to have mutual friends with, in fucking Denmark. This world is small.
C.B. is offline  
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BK NYC
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRomo View Post
I was just starting out boarding (maybe my 3rd time up) and I was riding alone, waiting in line when this dad with two little girls asks if his daughter could ride up with me. I say sure...why not. This little girl talked non-stop the entire way up the mountain. ..and I mean non-stop. Then, right at the end she gets really quiet, looks over at me and says, "I'm not very good at getting off the lift." ...so I'm think, great..neither am I. As soon as we start to get off the lift she shoves me in the back and wipes me out, then skiis off to her dad and sister leaving me there to untangle myself from the out-of-bounds net.
LOL after two yrs of riding together, my riding buddy STILL does that shit to me. We kinda wrestle for who will ride on the left lol. A couple of yrs ago a kid pissed his pants on the way up. Thing is I ride out east and our lift rides are like 10 mins tops. I felt bad for the lil guy since he was wearing beige pants and anyone with half a brain could see he pissed himself.
eli783 is offline  
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,970
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 244
My weirdest ride was with some skier in his 40s or so who spent the whole time ranting about snowboards and snowboarders. He was serious too, this guy should be at Alta. Seymour's generally pretty mellow (forum skier-hating threads notwithstanding) so this was kind of shocking to me -- and it's really the only time I've ever encountered the hating like that.

I got a small bit of revenge at the top though. He had all snowboarders pegged as a bunch of young punks and obviously thought he was landing verbal haymakers on me. So near the top of the lift I put up my goggles so he could see the gray hair and crowsfeet, and I just smiled at him. Didn't hear another word.


Coffee is your friend. Everyone else is an acquaintance.
Donutz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome