Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
-   -   Went to holiday valley 2 days ago (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/53418-went-holiday-valley-2-days-ago.html)

gstar7 01-10-2013 05:16 PM

Went to holiday valley 2 days ago
 
1st time out in a year and a half since i broke my knee.

i feel like i completely lost my touch. i fell maybe 15 times in a 4 hour day. as the day progressed, i fell less and less. it was a fun day though. i kept falling when i would want to brake and go to the side to slow down. i fell forward and fell in such a bad way.

any pointers on how to better my riding?

thanks

WasatchMan 01-10-2013 11:22 PM

My only advice is keep riding, just go out as much as you can. Don't be afraid to try new things, don't be afraid to fall.

Sorry, not much of a teacher :|

gstar7 01-10-2013 11:31 PM

i gave up after 3 runs and went in the lodge. but then i said to myself


GET THE FCUK BACK OUT THERE AND KEEP GOING.

ARSENALFAN 01-10-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gstar7 (Post 566737)
i gave up after 3 runs and went in the lodge. but then i said to myself


GET THE FCUK BACK OUT THERE AND KEEP GOING.

Well I am originally from the armpit of Ontario (Hamilton) and my advice to everybody that lives there is "move west young man." More days in pow means better rider. :)

gstar7 01-11-2013 12:02 AM

i live on top of the hill. upper paradise. its not too bad there

ARSENALFAN 01-11-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gstar7 (Post 566881)
i live on top of the hill. upper paradise. its not too bad there

Haha. I am from Mount Dope, Mount Hopeless, or just Mount Hope.

gstar7 01-11-2013 02:47 PM

hahahahaha

jello24 01-11-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN (Post 566785)
Well I am originally from the armpit of Ontario (Hamilton) and my advice to everybody that lives there is "move west young man." More days in pow means better rider. :)

Really? I always thought riding on ice is the best teacher. There's no faster way to learn how to ride better than knowing that one very minor mistake can mean your head smacking on concrete.

Pow's pretty forgiving.

Sincraft 01-12-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jello24 (Post 569649)
Really? I always thought riding on ice is the best teacher. There's no faster way to learn how to ride better than knowing that one very minor mistake can mean your head smacking on concrete.

Pow's pretty forgiving.

agreed. If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!

gstar7 01-14-2013 05:06 PM

thanks guys :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2