EVO is the absolute worst major online snowboard retailer - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EVO is the absolute worst major online snowboard retailer

If you deal with EVO, You've been warned they are like dealing with a major cell phone company, aggravating to say the least.
RockSteady is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member
 
redlude97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle/Portland
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I've never had a problem with them, and they are also my local shop and contribute to the snow community. Care to elaborate?
redlude97 is offline  
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:16 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
crash77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've dealt with them. Didn't have an issue with my purchase, so no complaint. Hence, never dealt with their customer service/resolution dept.
crash77 is offline  
post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 11,216
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Yes, do you care to elaborate on your issues with EVO? All of the experiences I have had with them have been fine. Firing a shot like this pretty much means nothing. More than a few members of this forum have had good experiences with EVO. EVO ain't Tightboards, that is for sure.
killclimbz is offline  
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
I've never had a problem with them, and they are also my local shop and contribute to the snow community. Care to elaborate?
no problem
I go through a lot of other online retailers and don't have any problems either.
I had more than one person completely mis guide me into thinking they knew what they were talking about. After my own research and receiving the wrong products, I figured this out.
Then when I called them thinking they were gonna be sorry for all the trouble they caused me, they say that can't find my order. Then they try and get me to pay the return shipping on brandnew unused items that they mis informed me on. Then they send me one shipping label for a snowboard and boots, lol, who ships those together. (that's right nobody).
I finally got it all taken care of. But I personally think their customer service likes to just tell you things even if they're BS guesses just to get you to make your decision quicker and their return process is terrible.

By the way I love Backcountry.com, I have made thousands of dollars in purchases and always treated like a valued customer
RockSteady is offline  
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Yes, do you care to elaborate on your issues with EVO? All of the experiences I have had with them have been fine. Firing a shot like this pretty much means nothing. More than a few members of this forum have had good experiences with EVO. EVO ain't Tightboards, that is for sure.
Not everyone is gonna have a bad experience man, use a little common sense.
I have been going through EVO for years but I never tried to return anything before.
And I'm not firing a shot, I'm trying to help others out. I could careless about hurting EVO.
RockSteady is offline  
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tac/Oly WA
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OP, please tell us more. You're leaving out major details

I havent had an issue with them for the past 3 yrs that I have been purchasing from EVO. And they're local to me. I just ordered Rome Targa bindings, and when I got them, there was missing hardware. I talked to them that day, and they asked what was missing and told me to email them pics of my binding that had missing hardware. They didnt seem like they were trying to get rid of me and not help with my issue.
To add, after I bought the bindings, EVO had dopped the price by 30%. I called customer service and they gave me the difference. In there policy, it states that if the price drops within 20 days of your purchase, you will be refunded the difference.

OP, can you elaborate more?
IS3_FTW is offline  
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3_FTW View Post
OP, please tell us more. You're leaving out major details

I havent had an issue with them for the past 3 yrs that I have been purchasing from EVO. And they're local to me. I just ordered Rome Targa bindings, and when I got them, there was missing hardware. I talked to them that day, and they asked what was missing and told me to email them pics of my binding that had missing hardware. They didnt seem like they were trying to get rid of me and not help with my issue.
To add, after I bought the bindings, EVO had dopped the price by 30%. I called customer service and they gave me the difference. In there policy, it states that if the price drops within 20 days of your purchase, you will be refunded the difference.

OP, can you elaborate more?
They told me that a board had mag, when I said I couldn't find any description of it having mag, they insisted that it did... they lied, it got here and there was no mag
They told me DC boots had the same shrinkage and as small a foot print as Burtons...Another lie...
This was multiple people who verified these things and I just ended up with one big hassle trying to get them to fix their mistakes.

Look I really am happy some people had a good experience, I don't wish anyone other than a great experience...just putting my thoughts out their that I got treated like crap and I'm a obviously a bit frustrated with it all and will never be buying anything from evo again regardless of how good their sales are.
RockSteady is offline  
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Incline Village NV
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3_FTW View Post
sounds to me like you made a decision without doing your own research. seriously, would you order something, because 20 people say to buy it?



What about your loving Backcountry? just suck it up and deal with the mistakes you made without trying to have other people jump on your vent wagon
I'm sure their is more than one person in the EVO family on here...sorry I offended you dude, didn't mean for it to be personal bash on anyone except for the bad customer service I received from EVO.
Peace, I'm not putting this out there to fight, lol, I'm entitled to my opinion and you yours so I will respect you even though you've given me about as much respect as EVO did
RockSteady is offline  
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tac/Oly WA
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
They told me that a board had mag, when I said I couldn't find any description of it having mag, they insisted that it did... they lied, it got here and there was no mag
They told me DC boots had the same shrinkage and as small a foot print as Burtons...Another lie...
This was multiple people who verified these things and I just ended up with one big hassle trying to get them to fix their mistakes.

Look I really am happy some people had a good experience, I don't wish anyone other than a great experience...just putting my thoughts out their that I got treated like crap and I'm a obviously a bit frustrated with it all and will never be buying anything from evo again regardless of how good their sales are.
that does suck.
my advice for your future orders. go to the product website, if available and see there description of their own products. This way, you know what your purchasing and not based on someone that doesnt know what they're talking about.
IS3_FTW is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome