Snowboard branding project! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
pagordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb Snowboard branding project!

Hey peoples,

I know this subject has been covered before, but I could do with your help..

I'm a Design Student doing my BA at Uni, and I've decided to do a branding project on snowboards. The Idea is to come up with a name and logo, then design the graphics for the top sheet and base of a few boards. A lot of work, but if I can pull it off it should look pretty sweet!

So this is where I need some help from you, I need a name which is catchy and down with the kids, so if you can suggest any names you think might work please throw em' out there..
pagordon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Read this, then come back. Not quite a surver, but same idea.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/wel...vertising.html
Bparmz is offline  
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
pagordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man, that's brutal. I apologise for not knowing the rules to the forum game!
Although I can understand people not being deliriously enthused about answering, but I had no idea it was such a popular topic which had resulted in it becoming a nuisance!

It's true I'm new to writing in forums and blogging, and I don't want to unleash the wrath of the snowboarding community, so where should I introduce myself?
pagordon is offline  
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Jed
Veteran Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagordon View Post
Man, that's brutal. I apologise for not knowing the rules to the forum game!
Although I can understand people not being deliriously enthused about answering, but I had no idea it was such a popular topic which had resulted in it becoming a nuisance!

It's true I'm new to writing in forums and blogging, and I don't want to unleash the wrath of the snowboarding community, so where should I introduce myself?
Just record a quick video on your webcam telling people who you are, what you'd like, say please and upload it to youtube, then link/embed it in this thread.

People are usually pretty helpful if any survey/contest/homework questions get posted with an actual video intro.

On another note, I remember a forum I used to frequent long ago used to have a similar rule except instead of a video intro, they required boobs with the forum name written over them in sharpie, so I think we're pretty lax in comparison

I teach snowboarding via step-by-step videos lessons at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jed is offline  
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 08:19 AM
The Swiss Miss
 
neni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 4,970
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 4
Just for further encouragement: this guy followed the rules and got pretty good response http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...-survey-1.html
while she did not quite so well: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen...gn-idea-1.html (although the thread was entertaining for the rest )

Edit: Donutz, maybe it's worth to add these two as examples to the survey rules...?

"Yeah... no, that's not clumsiness, that's just being topographically challenged" ~ Noreaster

Last edited by neni; 09-20-2013 at 10:09 AM.
neni is online now  
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
pagordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ha, OK point taken! I'll rustle up something later on when I'm away from mocking eyes of my classmates. It'd be awesome if I were to get half the response that Julian got for her survey, which I haven't made (initially I thought a few people might throw a few ideas around). Clearly jumped into the Lions den here without reading the rules properly.
pagordon is offline  
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Fire on Ice...and Powder!
 
GreyDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,586
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
No worries. You wouldn't be the first.

Thankfully you didn't start arguing about how stupid the rules are.
Post your vid and you'll find you'll probably get alot of responses.
GreyDragon is offline  
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 12:42 AM
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
Just for further encouragement: this guy followed the rules and got pretty good response http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...-survey-1.html
while she did not quite so well: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen...gn-idea-1.html (although the thread was entertaining for the rest )

Edit: Donutz, maybe it's worth to add these two as examples to the survey rules...?
DAM! That was just over the summer! Just read all of that...bitch was straight up dumb. In those instances I only hope that the person is actually some guy just trolling, because I don't want to believe that someone could actually be that god dam retarded.

If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline  
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 08:23 AM
The Swiss Miss
 
neni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 4,970
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoFreshies View Post
DAM! That was just over the summer! Just read all of that...bitch was straight up dumb. In those instances I only hope that the person is actually some guy just trolling, because I don't want to believe that someone could actually be that god dam retarded.
You missed a good show some of her most colorful foul mouthed vocab enriching posts have been deleted. For sure an individual that appears at the most left (or right) tail of whatever distribution. Hopefully.

"Yeah... no, that's not clumsiness, that's just being topographically challenged" ~ Noreaster
neni is online now  
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Land of the Potato
 
IdahoFreshies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 1,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
You missed a good show some of her most colorful foul mouthed vocab enriching posts have been deleted. For sure an individual that appears at the most left (or right) tail of whatever distribution. Hopefully.
Classic.

Love this place

If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline  
Reply

Tags
branding, design, snowboard

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome