Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
- Snowboarding General Chat (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/)
- - Snowboard Poetry Contest (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/93233-snowboard-poetry-contest.html)
Snowboard Poetry Contest
Being the Resident Poet and instead of just giving away or selling a slightly used board; I’ve decided lets have some fun and do a little poetry contest to get some pre-season stoke going and to support getting another gal or grom on the hill. The winner will receive Option 145cm cambered board with sm/med Option bindings…I believe it maybe a women’s or grom board, idk model but cap construction and made in Austria, used but very little wear and will be personally tuned and waxed by yours truly. It’s a good beginner or intermediate cambered board and bindings…and I'll try to throw in some other swagish. Sorry guys, you can still write a poem and dedicate it to your beloved and if the winner, give the board to your gf, wife, sister, daughter or Mom…or even ride it. The contestants need not be a continental US resident BUT I will only ship, at my expense, to a continental US address…No AK or HI …no exceptions.
1. To this thread, submit an original poem about snowboarding in any style or meter by mid-nite October 15, 2013.
2. You can submit more than one poem, but submit each poem in a separate post.
3. For the rest of you critics, hecklers and mal-contents…your valued(?) opinions are to be at least highly entertaining…but don’t get yourself banned.
4. On October 16, 2013, I will select (perhaps with input from killclimbz and donutz) and announce the winner and runner-up alternate on this thread (and will pm the winner).
5. The winner must reply to my pm by no later than midnight October 20, 2013. If the winner does not respond by midnight October 20, 2013; the winner forfeits and then the “runner-up alternate” will be contacted. I will ship out the board and bindings asap. (only to continental US address…No AK or HI).
Alright, sharpen yo wits and get your pencil...Go!
First,.. Awesome Idea! Second, this is in NO way being submitted for the contest. Especially since the only girl I've gone boarding with is at this very moment, on a plane, moving to Germany! (...Yes yes! I'm even driving them out of the country! ;) )
This verse is not mine, can't even remember where I first read it, but it has stuck with me and I thought it might be a fun start to this, so here goes!
"Now I lay me down to bed.
I pray the Lord for POW to shred!
...and if it's Deep when I awake,
Epic Lines I Vow to take!!!!"
;). Hopefully subsequent submissions will be more eloquent, artistic and less "Limericky" than mine! ;)
Wrote this on facebook last year, can't remember if I ever posted in here but anyways:
..Today while I stepped out for a smoke at work, I felt the cool breeze in the air. Thoughts of swaying gently on the chairlift with Jameson in my blood and Pretty Lights in my ears while someone I don't know tries to tell me their life story. Images of dozens of ski-club kids scorpioning themselves violently in the snow below me, and some parent is guiding their child into the park with a harness leash...
..Alas, winter is close.
Winter is coming, sleepless anticipation, snowboarding is fun
skeet, skeet - i spray white
my morning wood from powder
i am rooster king.
Let me take a shot at something original and less limerick like;
Ceaselessly I Dream of an endless White Room,
Windowless, cold, enveloping, eternal!
A prison of subdued ephemeral light,
utterly without hue. *
Yet never once do I feel Imprisoned, for it is here,
and here alone, where I am truly Free!
Don't think I'm eligible anyway, and this is more of a song than a poem, but it's snowboarding related.
And I figure if I lower the bar enough, people won't feel as reluctant. :laugh:
I wrote this song for my wife over the course of my Whistler vacation last year, sung to the tune of "Rawhide":
Waiting, waiting, waiting,
Though the light's abating,
Keep the hubby waiting,
Through makeup, prep and dressing,
with my mind she's messing,
Wishing that she would move her ass.
All the things I'm missing,
To be up there I'm wishing,
Instead, I'm waiting for my bride.
Move your ass, get it done,
Put it on, leave it here,
You look fine, check the time,
It's ok, you're not fat,
That'll do, just wear that,
Let's go now, get some pow,
Trying to find flow, cannot keep the lighter lit, must stop in the trees
Snowflakes are freedom and life falling from the sky. Unique like you and I. Beauty and freeze floating through the breeze. As we gaze to their eternal dance in spell that only summers heat could free, we think and breathe. As we wait patiently for the first sign of winter.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.