Playing Hookie Tuesday!!! Mtn High or Summit??? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
From San Diego the drive is similar, but Mt High is just plain small. They all suck compared to real resorts, sure. If you get bored of park, you can take the shuttle etc. etc. The thing about Mt. High is, as you say, it's a park, and a small one at that. They're better this year but the park SUCKED last year. It was terrible.
oh yeah, don't get me wrong...If I lived 3 hours away from High I would never even entertain the thought of going. Door to door in under an hour is the most appealing part of that place!



I am still kind of a n00b in the park. I'll hit jumps but I am just too old for the boxes and rails. I wiped out pretty hard on a box--that was enough to make me never even think about doing rails. I am always happy when they set up a jump line without any of that other crap
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Zombaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
If you show them a season pass from any other Ca resort you can get a lift ticket for 25 bux.
Had no idea about this. I've really been wasting my days off work not riding.

Although Bear/SS are having $29 tix for Leap Day next week I may take advantage of if no work comes my way. Gotta get this new bindings on the hill
Zombaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombaco View Post
Had no idea about this. I've really been wasting my days off work not riding.

Although Bear/SS are having $29 tix for Leap Day next week I may take advantage of if no work comes my way. Gotta get this new bindings on the hill



I have Tuesday off, but have work Wed. NOOOOO!!!!! I almost always have Tuesdays off and I usually spend them at Mtn High.


BB/SS were doing 50% off lift tickets if you had a pass from another resort but that deal was blacked out on saturdays. I think it ended Jan 31st which was too bad. I got a 1/2 day lift ticket for 23 bux and it was good noon-6pm. Now that was a deal!


You planning a trip to mammoth? I'll be up there march 1st-6th
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Zombaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
I have Tuesday off, but have work Wed. NOOOOO!!!!! I almost always have Tuesdays off and I usually spend them at Mtn High.


BB/SS were doing 50% off lift tickets if you had a pass from another resort but that deal was blacked out on saturdays. I think it ended Jan 31st which was too bad. I got a 1/2 day lift ticket for 23 bux and it was good noon-6pm. Now that was a deal!


You planning a trip to mammoth? I'll be up there march 1st-6th

I'd meet Tues at Mt. High, but I'm waiting for some binding parts that won't get here til that night. Day-to-day with work so who knows if I'm off anyway.

If I'm off work I am gonna go to Mammoth mar 5th & 6th. But definitely either the weekend of 10th/11th or 17th/18th- depending on cabin availability.
Zombaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,802
Default

Is it crazy I still haven't been to mammoth yet? I know, I've been to Tahoe 3 times (going on 4) but no Mammoth. Had free tickets last year, everyone bailed, didn't go.

Was going this weekend, things come up, can't go.

There is a conspiracy to keep me from there. If they don't get an extended season (praying for april Dumps) then I'ma have to try again next year.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
mixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombaco View Post
I'd meet Tues at Mt. High, but I'm waiting for some binding parts that won't get here til that night. Day-to-day with work so who knows if I'm off anyway.

If I'm off work I am gonna go to Mammoth mar 5th & 6th. But definitely either the weekend of 10th/11th or 17th/18th- depending on cabin availability.



Cool! We'll have to ride on 5th-6th if you're up there. Mondays are usually empty. I'm trying to schedule my march so I have mid week off and work weekends. Planning on going up every week in March Tue-Thur. We'll see how well that works out for me I have one client who books Fri and Monday. Kinda messes up the weekend.



I'll gotta check out the cams at High. Not sure I am gonna make too many more trips if these 80 degree days keep up
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombaco View Post
Had no idea about this. I've really been wasting my days off work not riding.

Although Bear/SS are having $29 tix for Leap Day next week I may take advantage of if no work comes my way. Gotta get this new bindings on the hill
Yeah, i got an email about this last week. I'm pretty sure I'll be heading up with a buddy next Wednesday for the day...

I think Summit/Bear is now offering $25 tickets if you show another resorts pass, but I could have read that wrong (or I could have read it on another resorts page & my brain mixed them up)

Last edited by handscreate; 02-22-2012 at 08:08 PM.
handscreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums