It's Finally Snowing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bmaniga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 109
Default It's Finally Snowing

According to this weeks forecast I might actually get to ride in December. Ha I know it's sad, but I live in Arizona.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12.13.12.jpg (94.9 KB, 127 views)
bmaniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 43
Default

It's not sad - I live in Eastern Canada and have yet to see a forecast that predicts three consecutive days of snow
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 280
Default

Here's hoping for a late Dec. opening for Snowbowl/Sunrise...

But look on the bright side, AZ is a day's drive from a lot of fantastic places.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Skinny Bam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Front Range, CO
Posts: 294
Default

HA! Have fun at Snowbowl....Sunrise is getting up to 3 feet! And its actually kind of a mountain....I may drive up there on Monday regardless if they open or not.
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Skinny Bam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Front Range, CO
Posts: 294
Default

Sunrise is already starting to look much much better....looks like all the bare spots at the base are fully covered and things are looking fluffy

If they don't open by monday or tuesday at the latest Im gonna

Oh....and they updated the forecast to almost 2 feet tonight alone!

Last edited by Skinny Bam; 12-14-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 280
Default

I'm thinking both mountains are gonna rush to open as fast as possible to get that yummy Christmas vacationer money.

Btw, real happy for Snowbowl getting to finally motherfucking make snow this year. Now if they could just get the go ahead to put in a high speed lift to the top... Damn college protesters...
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Skinny Bam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Front Range, CO
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoh View Post
I'm thinking both mountains are gonna rush to open as fast as possible to get that yummy Christmas vacationer money.

Btw, real happy for Snowbowl getting to finally motherfucking make snow this year. Now if they could just get the go ahead to put in a high speed lift to the top... Damn college protesters...
Ya its about damn time, and I think you mean Indian protesters. 10 years of bullshit over "dirty water" even though this same water has been used to irrigate a lot of their other land for YEARS.

Apparently they STILL havent finished the snowmaking construction or else they could have opened after that 1st storm we had.

The high speed lifts will be a HUGE upgrade and hopefully they can get one to the top of the bowl so we dont have to hike to it.

Big thing about the snowmaking is they will finally be able to have a good jump line all season...their park crew is better than sunrise but they haven't had the conditions to keep it steady most years. Supposedly they are getting a half pipe at some point too but I dk where they think they will put it....

Pretty cool too that ALL their rentals this year will be Never Summers.


Although even with all the upgrades I think Sunrise will still be the place to be.
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 280
Default

They haven't finished their snowmaking!? Ugh, I was thinking they were already blowing snow in preparation for this storm...

But ya, Snowbowl's park crew is hands down better at it. Sunrise couldn't make a kicker to save their lives.

I agree though... I still prefer Sunrise simply cause they have more lift accessible terrain and the high speed quad lets me get in twice as many runs than at Snowbowl.
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Skinny Bam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Front Range, CO
Posts: 294
Default

Nope...its actually pretty funny if you go to their facebook page and look at how many comments they are dodging about the construction being done. Especially since they said it would be done in "a few weeks", and its been over a month now.

And ya the lifts and more terrain give sunrise the edge, plus they almost always get more snow.
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bmaniga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Bam View Post
Sunrise is already starting to look much much better....looks like all the bare spots at the base are fully covered and things are looking fluffy

If they don't open by monday or tuesday at the latest Im gonna

Oh....and they updated the forecast to almost 2 feet tonight alone!
Sunrise has posted an opening date of Wednesday 12/19!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Bam View Post
Ya its about damn time, and I think you mean Indian protesters. 10 years of bullshit over "dirty water" even though this same water has been used to irrigate a lot of their other land for YEARS.

Apparently they STILL havent finished the snowmaking construction or else they could have opened after that 1st storm we had.

The high speed lifts will be a HUGE upgrade and hopefully they can get one to the top of the bowl so we dont have to hike to it.

Big thing about the snowmaking is they will finally be able to have a good jump line all season...their park crew is better than sunrise but they haven't had the conditions to keep it steady most years. Supposedly they are getting a half pipe at some point too but I dk where they think they will put it....

Pretty cool too that ALL their rentals this year will be Never Summers.


Although even with all the upgrades I think Sunrise will still be the place to be.
And for snowbowl, wft is up with the construction delay. I'm one of the few that got caught in the "we'll be making snow and opening early hype" / regretting my season pass purchase.
bmaniga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums