Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Tips, Tricks And Snowboard Coaching (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tips-tricks-snowboard-coaching/)
-   -   Snowboard Camp! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tips-tricks-snowboard-coaching/130521-snowboard-camp.html)

BSFSFLIP 02-24-2014 07:10 AM

Snowboard Camp!
 
Hello,

Im 23 year old and i'm doing snowboard several years...

I heard that 1-2 weeks in a Good Snowboard Camp are better than a few years on mountain.And because in my Country we dont have enough snow and our terrains sucks i decide to look for a good camp!

So my main point is...
WHICH camp do you think is the best for a rookie freestyle snowboarder in order to go ride and LOCK as many tricks are possible.
I think the best could be..snowboard in the morning and practice at noon with foam pits,ramps,traboline,coach.
I dont know if woodward summer is the best choice or something else..

I just want to help as much as possible!
I dont care if it is summer or winter...!
I dont care about the place-country etc.


Please help me!I wont be a pro for sure cause im to "big" already:D
however i LOOOOOVE it.Is my passion!and i want to be as good as possible!

NWBoarder 02-24-2014 07:44 PM

You wanna go Mt. Hood in the summer. There's High Cascade Snowboard Camp, and Windell's camp as well. Pick which one you like better. There's also Camp Of Champions on the glacier in Whistler during the summer. Hood has more to offer IMO though since Timberline is open and has a public park all summer. So you can go to camp, and spend some extra time just riding as well.

ryguy15 02-24-2014 09:22 PM

Having been to windells which I am very grateful and thankful for you actually dont get extra time to ride the public park you just have the option if you group decides to.

NWBoarder 02-24-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryguy15 (Post 1568585)
Having been to windells which I am very grateful and thankful for you actually dont get extra time to ride the public park you just have the option if you group decides to.

I meant extra time after camp is completely over, not while you're still in camp. :)

ryguy15 02-24-2014 09:53 PM

Ah see what you mean and the public park is usually pretty good

jtg 02-24-2014 11:27 PM

Do Windell's and HCSC just focus on park riding? Can't imagine there is a whole lot of freeride to teach out on a glacier in the summer.

Jed 02-25-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSFSFLIP (Post 1566497)
Hello,

Im 23 year old and i'm doing snowboard several years...

I heard that 1-2 weeks in a Good Snowboard Camp are better than a few years on mountain.And because in my Country we dont have enough snow and our terrains sucks i decide to look for a good camp!

So my main point is...
WHICH camp do you think is the best for a rookie freestyle snowboarder in order to go ride and LOCK as many tricks are possible.
I think the best could be..snowboard in the morning and practice at noon with foam pits,ramps,traboline,coach.
I dont know if woodward summer is the best choice or something else..

I just want to help as much as possible!
I dont care if it is summer or winter...!
I dont care about the place-country etc.


Please help me!I wont be a pro for sure cause im to "big" already:D
however i LOOOOOVE it.Is my passion!and i want to be as good as possible!

If you're looking at winter camps, Whistler has a great snowboard camp company called Pro-Ride and of course Whistler has some of the best parks in the world ranging from small to super large features.

I can vouch that their couches know their stuff too, they have one of the only level 4 instructors in BC and the nice thing about winter camps is you typically get you better all day conditions than spring camps which tend to only have a couple hours of ideal park conditions (outside of that it's too icy or too slushy).

kwillo 02-25-2014 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jed (Post 1568913)
If you're looking at winter camps, Whistler has a great snowboard camp company called Pro-Ride and of course Whistler has some of the best parks in the world ranging from small to super large features.

I can vouch that their couches know their stuff too, they have one of the only level 4 instructors in BC and the nice thing about winter camps is you typically get you better all day conditions than spring camps which tend to only have a couple hours of ideal park conditions (outside of that it's too icy or too slushy).

Trying not to thread highjack, Jed how do you find pro ride compared to the other whistler camps? Any others (alltracks, yes, core) worth a look?

Jed 02-25-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwillo (Post 1568945)
Trying not to thread highjack, Jed how do you find pro ride compared to the other whistler camps? Any others (alltracks, yes, core) worth a look?

I'd say the Pro-Ride instructors tend to be better.

They were actually one of the first winter camps in Whistler and the other camps in Whistler came later and a lot just copied whatever Pro-Ride was doing (in fact core camp practically copied their entire website camp description and features list almost word for word back when it first started).

BSFSFLIP 02-25-2014 09:49 AM

Thank you very much all of you for your advice!
For what ive read i think COC might be the best(the bad is that is the most expensive)
Also none of you told me for woodward...
I dont know why but i also see that its also very good!

I would like to make this thread as a guide for Camp reviews in order to be an easy way for someone to choose...
So please dont hesitate to write down your thoughts positive or negative for anything..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2