Snowboard Camp! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 5
Default Snowboard Camp!

Hello,

Im 23 year old and i'm doing snowboard several years...

I heard that 1-2 weeks in a Good Snowboard Camp are better than a few years on mountain.And because in my Country we dont have enough snow and our terrains sucks i decide to look for a good camp!

So my main point is...
WHICH camp do you think is the best for a rookie freestyle snowboarder in order to go ride and LOCK as many tricks are possible.
I think the best could be..snowboard in the morning and practice at noon with foam pits,ramps,traboline,coach.
I dont know if woodward summer is the best choice or something else..

I just want to help as much as possible!
I dont care if it is summer or winter...!
I dont care about the place-country etc.


Please help me!I wont be a pro for sure cause im to "big" already
however i LOOOOOVE it.Is my passion!and i want to be as good as possible!
BSFSFLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,036
Blog Entries: 10
Default

You wanna go Mt. Hood in the summer. There's High Cascade Snowboard Camp, and Windell's camp as well. Pick which one you like better. There's also Camp Of Champions on the glacier in Whistler during the summer. Hood has more to offer IMO though since Timberline is open and has a public park all summer. So you can go to camp, and spend some extra time just riding as well.
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 89
Default

Having been to windells which I am very grateful and thankful for you actually dont get extra time to ride the public park you just have the option if you group decides to.
ryguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,036
Blog Entries: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy15 View Post
Having been to windells which I am very grateful and thankful for you actually dont get extra time to ride the public park you just have the option if you group decides to.
I meant extra time after camp is completely over, not while you're still in camp.
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 89
Default

Ah see what you mean and the public park is usually pretty good
ryguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
jtg
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 525
Default

Do Windell's and HCSC just focus on park riding? Can't imagine there is a whole lot of freeride to teach out on a glacier in the summer.
jtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSFSFLIP View Post
Hello,

Im 23 year old and i'm doing snowboard several years...

I heard that 1-2 weeks in a Good Snowboard Camp are better than a few years on mountain.And because in my Country we dont have enough snow and our terrains sucks i decide to look for a good camp!

So my main point is...
WHICH camp do you think is the best for a rookie freestyle snowboarder in order to go ride and LOCK as many tricks are possible.
I think the best could be..snowboard in the morning and practice at noon with foam pits,ramps,traboline,coach.
I dont know if woodward summer is the best choice or something else..

I just want to help as much as possible!
I dont care if it is summer or winter...!
I dont care about the place-country etc.


Please help me!I wont be a pro for sure cause im to "big" already
however i LOOOOOVE it.Is my passion!and i want to be as good as possible!
If you're looking at winter camps, Whistler has a great snowboard camp company called Pro-Ride and of course Whistler has some of the best parks in the world ranging from small to super large features.

I can vouch that their couches know their stuff too, they have one of the only level 4 instructors in BC and the nice thing about winter camps is you typically get you better all day conditions than spring camps which tend to only have a couple hours of ideal park conditions (outside of that it's too icy or too slushy).
__________________
I teach snowboarding via step-by-step videos lessons at Snomie.com - How To Snowboard Videos, Snowboard Tips & Snowboard Lessons
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
kwillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Whistler/Australia
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
If you're looking at winter camps, Whistler has a great snowboard camp company called Pro-Ride and of course Whistler has some of the best parks in the world ranging from small to super large features.

I can vouch that their couches know their stuff too, they have one of the only level 4 instructors in BC and the nice thing about winter camps is you typically get you better all day conditions than spring camps which tend to only have a couple hours of ideal park conditions (outside of that it's too icy or too slushy).
Trying not to thread highjack, Jed how do you find pro ride compared to the other whistler camps? Any others (alltracks, yes, core) worth a look?
kwillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member
 
Jed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillo View Post
Trying not to thread highjack, Jed how do you find pro ride compared to the other whistler camps? Any others (alltracks, yes, core) worth a look?
I'd say the Pro-Ride instructors tend to be better.

They were actually one of the first winter camps in Whistler and the other camps in Whistler came later and a lot just copied whatever Pro-Ride was doing (in fact core camp practically copied their entire website camp description and features list almost word for word back when it first started).
__________________
I teach snowboarding via step-by-step videos lessons at Snomie.com - How To Snowboard Videos, Snowboard Tips & Snowboard Lessons
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 5
Default

Thank you very much all of you for your advice!
For what ive read i think COC might be the best(the bad is that is the most expensive)
Also none of you told me for woodward...
I dont know why but i also see that its also very good!

I would like to make this thread as a guide for Camp reviews in order to be an easy way for someone to choose...
So please dont hesitate to write down your thoughts positive or negative for anything..
BSFSFLIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums