When carving you keep a lot of speed through your turns and there isn't much snow flying out from under your board. It's like slicing the snow with a sharp knife. It's used for bombing runs with high-speed clean turns, however it's also essential in freestyle to set up for jumps and riding pipe.
In this video we cover:
- How to balance your weight over the edge of your snowboard
- How to engage your edge for carved turns
- How to roll from edge to edge
- How to learn your first carve turns
- How to carve on steeper runs
- How to use carving in your freestyle riding for pipe and jump setups