Am I ruddering? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2015, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
flipstah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Posts: 64
Default Am I ruddering?

So this is the first time in a while that someone videotaped me (it's usually me doing it) and I just want to know if I picked up bad habits like ruddering.



Footage of me is scattered from 1:48 mark (orange pants, black jacket).

I'm using body lean and shoulders to turn pretty much. Pointing helps too.

I imagine my feet are on rockers and just... Do it really.

But it's way different when someone records you and critiques you from a third-party perspective.

If there's other techniques I should focus on, I'm all ears! I want to get better.
__________________
Follow me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

My Weapons of Choice:
2010 GNU Danny Kass MTX 'Good Times' (153cm):/:Burton Cartel bindings:/:K2 Darko Boots:/:2013 Volkswagen Golf R
flipstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ryannorthcott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Shredmonton Illberta
Posts: 405
Default

Looks to me like you are bending more at the waist and less at the knees. I would work on bending your knees more and get your buddies to duct tape your hands to the side of your pants as well, that will help with the unnecessary upper body movement.
ryannorthcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cookiedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ice Coast
Posts: 445
Default

Shit your AV it's BURNING MY EYES and giving me epileptic seizures!!
cookiedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Manicmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 586
Default

Pretty hard to see clear footage of your technique but it looks like you need to keep your weight forward more when initiating turns.

Turn on your edges rather than swishing your back foot around.
Manicmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 47
Default

it looks like you're in moguls or bumps of some kind...if that's the case, then rudder away. If you'd like to improve in bumps, trees, moguls, etc., then work on independent leg bending and straightening. Make sure you bend at the knees and ankles, not the waist. This video is tough to see what you're actually trying to accomplish though.
GOskiLF_bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
flipstah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannorthcott View Post
Looks to me like you are bending more at the waist and less at the knees. I would work on bending your knees more and get your buddies to duct tape your hands to the side of your pants as well, that will help with the unnecessary upper body movement.
So I shouldn't have busy arms then? One pointer I got was to point where I'm going and that helped so I guess I'll have to kill that habit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiedog View Post
Shit your AV it's BURNING MY EYES and giving me epileptic seizures!!
STARE AT IT. STARE. IT WANTS YOU TO GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR LIFE SAVINGS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
Pretty hard to see clear footage of your technique but it looks like you need to keep your weight forward more when initiating turns.

Turn on your edges rather than swishing your back foot around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOskiLF_bum View Post
it looks like you're in moguls or bumps of some kind...if that's the case, then rudder away. If you'd like to improve in bumps, trees, moguls, etc., then work on independent leg bending and straightening. Make sure you bend at the knees and ankles, not the waist. This video is tough to see what you're actually trying to accomplish though.
Yeah, it was mogul galore in majority of the footage (2:50-2:56 for example) but in some groomer runs, I still can't believe how upright I look even though I felt like I was low to the ground. I looked like a sail. (1:55 start and 3:33 start)
__________________
Follow me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

My Weapons of Choice:
2010 GNU Danny Kass MTX 'Good Times' (153cm):/:Burton Cartel bindings:/:K2 Darko Boots:/:2013 Volkswagen Golf R
flipstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
ekb18c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nyc
Posts: 772
Default

Your avatar and video just caused me to have a seizure. I'm spazzing right now... Yuck
ekb18c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
flipstah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekb18c View Post
Your avatar and video just caused me to have a seizure. I'm spazzing right now... Yuck
__________________
Follow me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

My Weapons of Choice:
2010 GNU Danny Kass MTX 'Good Times' (153cm):/:Burton Cartel bindings:/:K2 Darko Boots:/:2013 Volkswagen Golf R
flipstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOskiLF_bum View Post
it looks like you're in moguls or bumps of some kind...if that's the case, then rudder away.
Sorry, thats completely incorrect.

Take a lesson, an instructor will pretty quickly give you some stuff that will dramatically improve your riding.

Your video hurts my brain.
MGD81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
flipstah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD81 View Post
Sorry, thats completely incorrect.

Take a lesson, an instructor will pretty quickly give you some stuff that will dramatically improve your riding.

Your video hurts my brain.
I think I'll have to now because I'm getting conflicting information.

Yeah, I wanted to experiment with the sound... My other ones are less seizure-inducing!
__________________
Follow me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

My Weapons of Choice:
2010 GNU Danny Kass MTX 'Good Times' (153cm):/:Burton Cartel bindings:/:K2 Darko Boots:/:2013 Volkswagen Golf R
flipstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums