Snowboard How to's helpful tips and tricks - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Default

I recently made a gopro park edit from one of our days up at the park and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to improve my style and riding? tricks to progress too? video editing advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr3JKYf_BUI

All feedback is really appreciated!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-29-2015, 02:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SAddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 252
Default Snowboard Addiction

Hi Parker,

Great watch! Looks like some fun days up there!

Your riding is progressing well.

For style - I would recommend bending your knees to the tips of your board a little more, and then straightening up your back so you are more balanced on your board.

In most of your vid, you will notice your back is fairly bent over your knees. This is a common snowboarding issue and can be a tough one to unlearn. You're keeping your legs too straight, and counteracting this by bending your back.

To fix this, bend your knees to the tips of your board and straighten your back...

By changing this style, you will see your spins come round cleaner and you will find it way easier to grab too.

Keep up the great riding bud!

Learn how to snowboard with online video tutorials Snowboard Addiction
__________________
Want to learn how to stomp it like the pros, visit us at
www.snowboardaddiction.com
SAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 5,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
All feedback is really appreciated!
...but apparently not heeded!

How many times are you going to post this in someone else's thread?

Watch this YT tutorial,.. When your finished watching? READ THE FORUM RULES!!
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15 (00)
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
...but apparently not heeded!

How many times are you going to post this in someone else's thread?

Watch this YT tutorial,.. When your finished watching? READ THE FORUM RULES!!
Hey, I understand the criticism. I shouldn't have posted that in other peoples threads. Its my first time using this site and I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread (probably think I am lying but I honestly couldn't) so I just posted it in a couple other threads hoping for some feedback and then realized this isn't something you're supposed to do. This is probably a stupid question but how do I make a new thread??

Thanks
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAddiction View Post
Hi Parker,

Great watch! Looks like some fun days up there!

Your riding is progressing well.

For style - I would recommend bending your knees to the tips of your board a little more, and then straightening up your back so you are more balanced on your board.

In most of your vid, you will notice your back is fairly bent over your knees. This is a common snowboarding issue and can be a tough one to unlearn. You're keeping your legs too straight, and counteracting this by bending your back.

To fix this, bend your knees to the tips of your board and straighten your back...

By changing this style, you will see your spins come round cleaner and you will find it way easier to grab too.

Keep up the great riding bud!

Learn how to snowboard with online video tutorials Snowboard Addiction
Thanks a lot for the feedback, that makes a lot of sense and is super usefull! I will put that to use this weekend!!!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,863
Blog Entries: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Hey, I understand the criticism. I shouldn't have posted that in other peoples threads. Its my first time using this site and I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread (probably think I am lying but I honestly couldn't) so I just posted it in a couple other threads hoping for some feedback and then realized this isn't something you're supposed to do. This is probably a stupid question but how do I make a new thread??

Thanks
You have to be in a forum but not in a thread. If you go to the top of this page and click on "Tips, Tricks, and Snowboard Coaching", it'll take you to the top of this particular forum. Then you'll find a button high and to the left, titled "New Thread". Go from there.
__________________

I told my kids, "Someday, you'll have kids of your own." One of them said, "So will you."
-- Rodney Dangerfield.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet
 
chomps1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: S.E. Mich.
Posts: 5,384
Default

Shit happens. No sweat. We're usually pretty decent about accepting "Mia Culpa's" from noobs who don't know better yet! Although a belligerent, whiny response is a sure say to get flamed to ashes.

To start a new thread, Go to the forum main categories listings. Not from the new or active topics page. Pick the appropriate sub forum, when the topics list comes up,.. There is a "New Thread" button upper L. Click it.

I would suggest reading the Forum rules. They are the stickiy'd topics in red at the top of the intro page I believe. Most each sub forum has stickies in red at the top covering rules, oft asked questions etc.

It's generally a good idea to check those or do a forum search before asking a question to see if your answer can be found there. You avoid any possibility of getting the sarcastic answer to a question that gets asked 5 dozen times each month.
__________________
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15 (00)
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums