Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Tips, Tricks And Snowboard Coaching (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tips-tricks-snowboard-coaching/)
-   -   Knees and Forward lean. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tips-tricks-snowboard-coaching/38641-knees-forward-lean.html)

KIRKRIDER 03-14-2011 11:04 AM

Knees and Forward lean.
 
I have been riding for 6 years now, mostly alone. A long time surfer/rider friend joined me...and observing my riding gave me two key advices. Best advices ever.

A little forward lean in your bindings help a lot reducing that back side carve chatter, and engage that front edge faster. I avoided it because it eats up your calves faster, but I'm a fan now. Better turns, more responsive board.

Tuck that back knee in, after the apex of your turn.He noticed my tendency to open my back kneee toward the tail of the board, when squatting in the middle of a turn, especially heel side...Probably for stability, mostly for bad habit. Even with both positive angles ( +18+12)

Tucking it IN instead, (as he suggested) toward the center/nose of the board made the tail follow the nose in a much more correct and efficent way, eliminating yet more chatter and making my heelside carve as good as my toeside one, Add stability and style.

And one more:
I waxed abundantly 2 days ago, but scraped less...( usually I would scrape until almost nothing comes off, leaving a thin, well spread layer of wax.)
This time I did just one strong passage (with a new scraper) leaving quite a bit of wax on the board... a nice even greasy layer that I conditioned with brush and cork. the board was FLYING on the windblown powder and on the slush-like frozen pow later. Best waxed base ever. So Scrape less, fly more.

PanHandler 03-14-2011 06:27 PM

scrape less? Uhm...naw dude.

wax should be IN your board, not ON it. Scrape that shit all the way off.

snowfiend 03-14-2011 06:37 PM

yeah it's probably just your imagination, the wax is supposed to be in the pores not on the surface

KIRKRIDER 03-14-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanHandler (Post 388474)
scrape less? Uhm...naw dude.

wax should be IN your board, not ON it. Scrape that shit all the way off.

Dude man..I'm a maniac of waxing. I have been for the past 4 years. I used to scrape the hell out of it. I don't know if the sintered just absorbs and wants more...but leaving the board much greasier than usual (and having those snow conditions) made me slip trough flats and mini - hills I ALWAYS was short a couple of pushes.

I zipped trough them yesterday.
I'm not saying you don't have to scrape. I Do lay once and press the hot wax twice.,.that leaves a very even layer to start with. ONE deep pass with a sharp scraper did it for me. Wax was still plenty and very well conditioned in and over the base.

KIRKRIDER 03-14-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowfiend (Post 388479)
yeah it's probably just your imagination, the wax is supposed to be in the pores not on the surface

That could be too...and some vegetables readily available here in CA...But I'll stick with it. Greasy board for me

snowfiend 03-14-2011 06:47 PM

i mean if you feel good about it go for it its not like its doing any real harm

KIRKRIDER 03-14-2011 07:25 PM

I know...give it a try. How much do you scrape? I saw the Youtube video you posted about the cristian cunt...GAWD I want to kill her with my old board

bamfb2 03-20-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawlo (Post 388331)
A little forward lean in your bindings help a lot reducing that back side carve chatter, and engage that front edge faster. I avoided it because it eats up your calves faster, but I'm a fan now. Better turns, more responsive board.

Are you talking about carving heel side? How do you get forward lean in your bindings that way? Trying to curl your toes upwards towards your shins? I understand the concept of forward lean in the bindings when carving toe side.

Quote:

Tuck that back knee in, after the apex of your turn.He noticed my tendency to open my back kneee toward the tail of the board, when squatting in the middle of a turn, especially heel side...Probably for stability, mostly for bad habit. Even with both positive angles ( +18+12)
The one caveat I can think of is if you have a really flexible board. If it's a super loose board, tucking that knee in too much can cause you to wash out.

BurtonAvenger 03-21-2011 02:15 AM

People wax? I gave up on that bullshit. Also forward lean is for people that can't bend their knees or are riding half pipe.

fattrav 03-21-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 390575)
People wax? I gave up on that bullshit. Also forward lean is for people that can't bend their knees or are riding half pipe.

Fuck! You are always one upping on something aren't you;

I dont wax
People send me new boards
My Mom died
Tall Tees are for gays
My knees sore
Forward lean's for trail slaves & pipe dicks

Look man, some people don't get to board everyday on a new board and roll through the park f'ward lean set to zero


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2