FS 180 Spin, off what edge?
So this season I would like to try and introduce some spinning into my jumps.
I figure the FS180 is a sensible trick to start with.
After reading some guides I'm still a bit confused as to what edge I should be spinning off from?
I ride regular and picture the trick as follows;
- Ride along with equal and steady stance.
- Begin to pre-load the upper body in the opposite direction to which I wish to spin, so for me riding regular that would be clockwise for a Frontside.
- Remembering to keep tension built up separate from the lower body and board.
Now here is where the confusion starts.
- Unwind the upper body whilst simultaneously jumping off my toe-edge?
- Lead with the head looking over the shoulder.
- Land switch.
Taking off the toe-edge seems odd as leaning onto toes is against the direction of spin?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Heel side dude.
Some find being on your heel edge easier. I actually prefer toeside. Just feels more natural to me. Really isnt a right or wrong way but for toeside your timing needs to be better. Heelside is more forgiving to sloppy take-offs.
Just do what feels natural, I hit FS 180's toeside and 3's heelside, I'm trying to do the 3's toeside too, I get more pop off the lip but I always over or under rotate, heelside I get the rotation right every time but I tend to lean back too far.
Don't overthink it, watch a couple videos of people doing the trick you want to learn before you leave, then just get to the hill and do it
you should learn to do it with both, i started off my heels and now have been playing with popping off my toes.
i gotta say off the toes you get way more pop.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2