need some help on progressing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
need some help on progressing

So my local hill is white pass. WA, which sorta sucks because its a small mountain and the park sorta sucks there. Plus there's not a lot of camps. Anyways i want to start progressing even more. So i was thinking of going to some camp to work on my skills. Anyone know any good camps that are near my area ? or any tips thanks in advance.
Chris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Well, Mt. Hood is the closest place to you with camps that I can think of. As for tips, it's hard to give them without some specific thing you're looking to work on. Progression can encompass soooo many things. Finally, I like White Pass, and if you get out on the hill and away from the park, the mountain isn't too small at all. Oh, and I hope I can get down for Rhythm N Bruise this year. It's on my Birthday weekend and just looks like so much fun!

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
Well, Mt. Hood is the closest place to you with camps that I can think of. As for tips, it's hard to give them without some specific thing you're looking to work on. Progression can encompass soooo many things. Finally, I like White Pass, and if you get out on the hill and away from the park, the mountain isn't too small at all. Oh, and I hope I can get down for Rhythm N Bruise this year. It's on my Birthday weekend and just looks like so much fun!
well i want to start into park a lot more and thought the best way to do it would be going to a camp
Chris is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 PM
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 10
Going to a camp certainly won't hurt you. In fact, it will likely make you better. However, go there with a purpose. You should have some things specifically you would like to work on. And personally, IMO, the best way to start on some park stuff is to get into a park and start doing it. You'll never learn without practice, and the more you ride, the better you will get. Think of a camp like a bonus, not like the only way to learn.

Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
Going to a camp certainly won't hurt you. In fact, it will likely make you better. However, go there with a purpose. You should have some things specifically you would like to work on. And personally, IMO, the best way to start on some park stuff is to get into a park and start doing it. You'll never learn without practice, and the more you ride, the better you will get. Think of a camp like a bonus, not like the only way to learn.
the first step to improvement is failure. I could always teach myself. Since going to a camp is unlikely
Chris is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome