Looking for intermediate clinic
Hopefully this is the right forum for this question. I live in Japan and have been taught snowboarding mostly using upper body rotation. I am now intermediate and have hit a sort of plateau in my development from where I seem unable to advance. I am thinking of taking a trip to North America in the 2009 season to get some intensive instruction. (Would like to avoid Europe due to the euro's current strength that makes everything very expensive for the rest of us.) If anyone can make some recommendations here, I'd appreciate it. What I am looking for is a school that
- offers a clinic for intermediates; by clinic I mean a multi-day, structured intensive course not a random series of group lessons
- focusses on foot-steering as opposed to upper body rotation
- ideally includes video for feedback (I am really unaware of how exactly I ride - I simply do it)
- is on the west side of North America (ideally Aspen or Tahoe since I have friends there I can stay with, but others are also OK)
- also offers backcountry riding instruction
Thanks for any input!