Any tips on hitting a 15 ft gap up to the mountian? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 6,853
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
holy fuckshit maybe Jetfalcon does snowboard!!


Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
 
Noreaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 907
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
OK, will some moderator step in and ban this fuckwit already before he kills someone with a deliberately dangerous advice?
Noreaster is offline  
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
CassMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Whitefish MT
Posts: 2,298
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
hahahhhh, this thread....seriously, if you need to ask you are not ready, work your way up, screw impressing these other guys, wtf indeed
CassMT is offline  
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 5,073
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
OK, will some moderator step in and ban this fuckwit already before he kills someone with a deliberately dangerous advice?
Who exactly? I've just reviewed every post, and other than some disagreement about whether it's better to knuckle or overshoot, I haven't seen anything that leaps out at me.

For the record, on a 15-footer I'd rather knuckle than overshoot. On a 40-footer, I'd rather watch.

OP, unless this jump is built stupider than [insert metaphor here] you're not likely to get into big trouble unless you hit it at mach 5 or land on your head. The average 15-footer delivers as much vertical fall as getting air off a mogul, unless you slam into something.


Error 404. Coffee not found.

Last edited by Donutz; 03-23-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Donutz is offline  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
Noreaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 907
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Who exactly? I've just reviewed every post, and other than some disagreement about whether it's better to knuckle or overshoot, I haven't seen anything that leaps out at me.

For the record, on a 15-footer I'd rather knuckle than overshoot. On a 40-footer, I'd rather watch.

OP, unless this jump is built stupider than [insert metaphor here] you're not likely to get into big trouble unless you hit it at mach 5 or land on your head. The average 15-footer delivers as much vertical fall as getting air off a mogul, unless you slam into something.
I'd say advising a first year rider to hit a 15 footer with a lot of speed is an obvious trolling. I don't see anything in that suggestion to constitute even an attempt at real help, however misguided it may be. Just a troll trying to amuse himself.
Noreaster is offline  
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
tj_ras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im actually wondering if the OP is trolling us with this.....friends who have 3-4 years experience wont hit it but he thinks he can on his 1st year. C'mon son.


Edit: also curious wtf this jump even looks like.....if its real

Last edited by tj_ras; 03-23-2013 at 08:33 PM.
tj_ras is offline  
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member
 
Deviant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
I'd say advising a first year rider to hit a 15 footer with a lot of speed is an obvious trolling. I don't see anything in that suggestion to constitute even an attempt at real help, however misguided it may be. Just a troll trying to amuse himself.

Agreed, its not just trolling its going to get another rider injured. How many times have we seen from the lift a new rider hitting a jump too fast and doing the out of control half backflip. We shouldn't be giving new riders advice to just huck.
Deviant is offline  
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Senior Member
 
bamfb2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_ras View Post
Im actually wondering if the OP is trolling us with this.....friends who have 3-4 years experience wont hit it but he thinks he can on his 1st year. C'mon son.

OP hasn't showed back up. Drive-by troll?
bamfb2 is offline  
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
Agreed, its not just trolling its going to get another rider injured. How many times have we seen from the lift a new rider hitting a jump too fast and doing the out of control half backflip. We shouldn't be giving new riders advice to just huck.
I see the exact opposite. People always go to slow the first time. Hell even I do when trying new shit. Witnessed a kid go way to slow at a 30 ft. booter and nollie coming off the lip and caught his nose and got completely horizontal and landed on his shoulder just before the knuckle. Definitely did something to it.

Quote:
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 09:11 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
tj_ras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamfb2 View Post
OP hasn't showed back up. Drive-by troll?
Never said he was a GOOD troll....
tj_ras is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome