Workout program... - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Default

My wife and I started the "Insanity" workout in the middle of last year's season and within weeks my leg stamina on the mountain was . Prior to that I would get leg burn 3/4 thru the day, and I would consider my self fairly athletic.

The "Insanity" workout is nuts, but man you'll great afterwards.
Aphraidknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 133
Default

The Insanity workout in exactly that!!! I wonder how I would get on with it????

Anyway, a friend has suggested I get a balance/stability ball to do things like equate on.... Should really work on my ankles???
KillerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Krato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDave View Post
The Insanity workout in exactly that!!! I wonder how I would get on with it????

Anyway, a friend has suggested I get a balance/stability ball to do things like equate on.... Should really work on my ankles???
yes! stand on one of those half balls with one leg and strengthen all those ligaments. strong ankles make for good footwork.

also its simply all about core strength, balance, and flexibility. any core exercises you do should always involve some form of stability. that is what your abs are for anyway.
Krato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
AntipodeanSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDave View Post
The Insanity workout in exactly that!!! I wonder how I would get on with it????

Anyway, a friend has suggested I get a balance/stability ball to do things like equate on.... Should really work on my ankles???
Hey Dave,

I have a blown out knee and terrible hamstrings as an ex footballer (Proper English Football), I have had several years of physio and the best thing in all that time was one of the balance pads/balls

1. Balance on it for 5-10 mins
2. Two leg squats 3 sets of 10
3. One leg squats 2 sets of 10 (swap legs)
4 Repeat above holding a weight of any sort with both arms out in front of you or two either side.

I surf 4 times a week off season and do the above a couple and my legs still burn first few days, its hard to replicate the exact muscles usage and movements. Sure you find with hockey you can do all the work in the gym you want but the first couple of training sessions back are always tough.

Good luck!!
AntipodeanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntipodeanSam View Post
Hey Dave,

I have a blown out knee and terrible hamstrings as an ex footballer (Proper English Football), I have had several years of physio and the best thing in all that time was one of the balance pads/balls

1. Balance on it for 5-10 mins
2. Two leg squats 3 sets of 10
3. One leg squats 2 sets of 10 (swap legs)
4 Repeat above holding a weight of any sort with both arms out in front of you or two either side.

I surf 4 times a week off season and do the above a couple and my legs still burn first few days, its hard to replicate the exact muscles usage and movements. Sure you find with hockey you can do all the work in the gym you want but the first couple of training sessions back are always tough.

Good luck!!
I have one of these coming...
BosuŽ Balance Trainer - Commercial: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors
It should help out ALOT! Together with the program....

You are right about hockey but it's alot about explosive power rather than sustained strength and stamina....
KillerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Krato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDave View Post
I have one of these coming...
BosuŽ Balance Trainer - Commercial: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors
It should help out ALOT! Together with the program....

You are right about hockey but it's alot about explosive power rather than sustained strength and stamina....
viagra?
Krato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Kevin137's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Drammen
Posts: 932
Default

WOW

I sit on my arse playing COD all day everyday until the snows comes, i occasionally walk to the car, and from the car to the shop, or take away and back to the car and into the house...

But when the snow comes, i put in 8 hours a day 5 days a week minimum, and never struggle... Well ok, i do the 1st week, but after that it's all good...

You lot make me really feel like the lazy bum my g/f calls me all the time now....
Kevin137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin137 View Post
WOW

I sit on my arse playing COD all day everyday until the snows comes, i occasionally walk to the car, and from the car to the shop, or take away and back to the car and into the house...

But when the snow comes, i put in 8 hours a day 5 days a week minimum, and never struggle... Well ok, i do the 1st week, but after that it's all good...

You lot make me really feel like the lazy bum my g/f calls me all the time now....
Omg! 8hrs, 5 times a week??? Hang on.... Are you an instructor???
I'd be happy with 1hr a day.... I do try to get there once a week but sometimes it's just not possible....
Having said that, I don't need to wait for the snow.... (indoor slope)

Anyway, I have a question for all...
Why the heck do the backs of my arms hurt after riding for 3hrs.... The next day...???
KillerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Kevin137's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Drammen
Posts: 932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDave View Post
Omg! 8hrs, 5 times a week??? Hang on.... Are you an instructor???
I'd be happy with 1hr a day.... I do try to get there once a week but sometimes it's just not possible....
Having said that, I don't need to wait for the snow.... (indoor slope)

Anyway, I have a question for all...
Why the heck do the backs of my arms hurt after riding for 3hrs.... The next day...???
Erm no, i am a bum, don't have a job, so snowboard everyday we have snow.

I would wakeboard in the summer, all summer, but that is reliant on my neighbour taking his boat out... Haha

Not sure why your arms would be aching though, maybe you fall a few too many times...??? I have not had that issue to be fair, unless i fall lots. Which may or may not happen at the start of a season... Haha

And then it is wrists that i have a problem with, broken them so many times now it is beyond a joke...!
Kevin137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin137 View Post
Erm no, i am a bum, don't have a job, so snowboard everyday we have snow.

I would wakeboard in the summer, all summer, but that is reliant on my neighbour taking his boat out... Haha

Not sure why your arms would be aching though, maybe you fall a few too many times...??? I have not had that issue to be fair, unless i fall lots. Which may or may not happen at the start of a season... Haha

And then it is wrists that i have a problem with, broken them so many times now it is beyond a joke...!
I really do love boarding and would be there every day if I could but it would cost a fortune!
KillerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums